IEM in 100-150$ range
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

d00mhammers

Head-Fier
I'm looking for something with multiple drivers or perhaps planer or electrostatic. Price can be lower if quality is good.
I was considering some of the following: KZ PR1 Pro, KZ AS16 , KZ AS16 pro, Truthear HEXA, CCA CS16 , KZ ZAT

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 13
You won't find any IEMs featuring true electrostatic tweeters until around $500, the drivers by themselves cost almost as much as most of those sets you listed. Not to mention actual electrostatic IEMs like the Shure KSE1500 or Stax SR-003mk2 are way beyond your stated budget.

Planar magnetic IEMs are... not mature yet. If you aren't good at or willing to use an EQ I would suggest against going that route.

In your list, Hexa is probably your best bet. If you are willing to save a bit more, I would recommend you get a Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite. Best bang for buck I've found yet.

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 13
Depends on where you live. In Germany, for example, you can still buy a new Audiofly AF180 MK2 for well under €100, but remaining stocks should run out soon. I paid €55 for mine.
Please forget the brand KZ and its brothers CCA ect. The HEXA may still be good, but the others mentioned are typical chi-fi screamers.
Audiosense also makes pretty good IEMs with very good value for money.

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 13
Depends on where you live. In Germany, for example, you can still buy a new Audiofly AF180 MK2 for well under €100, but remaining stocks should run out soon. I paid €55 for mine.
Please forget the brand KZ and its brothers CCA ect. The HEXA may still be good, but the others mentioned are typical chi-fi screamers.
Audiosense also makes pretty good IEMs with very good value for money.
Sadly its not available for me. Why forget KZ and CCA? What other recommendation you have around my price range?
What about hifiman RE800?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 13
You won't find any IEMs featuring true electrostatic tweeters until around $500, the drivers by themselves cost almost as much as most of those sets you listed. Not to mention actual electrostatic IEMs like the Shure KSE1500 or Stax SR-003mk2 are way beyond your stated budget.

Planar magnetic IEMs are... not mature yet. If you aren't good at or willing to use an EQ I would suggest against going that route.

In your list, Hexa is probably your best bet. If you are willing to save a bit more, I would recommend you get a Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite. Best bang for buck I've found yet.
What other recommendation you have around my price range? What's wrong with KZ and CCA? The Kiwi is around 300$ for me which is more than im willing to spend since im using the IEM while im out of the house only.
What about hifiman RE800?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 13
I'm looking for something with multiple drivers or perhaps planer or electrostatic. Price can be lower if quality is good.
I was considering some of the following: KZ PR1 Pro, KZ AS16 , KZ AS16 pro, Truthear HEXA, CCA CS16 , KZ ZAT

Any preferred music genres? Or are you treblehead, treble-sensitive, basshead etc?

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #11 of 13
I really like the Hidizs MP145 Planar IEMs. I'm not sure in your country, but they are $159 US at Amazon plus a $20 coupon makes them a steal at $139.

https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Hidizs-MP145-Detachable-Audiophiles/dp/B0CNGT47SC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2I4ILMUB0CSOJ&keywords=hidizs+mp145&qid=1706272536&sprefix=hidizs+,aps,2598&sr=8-3&th=1

Very good sounding warmish for a planar with good highs.
problem with tax and shipping, this will cost me over 215$, it's a bit out of my budget

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 13
Take a look at LetShuoer S12 Pro or Galileo, Binary Chopin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back