IEM help/poll
Apr 21, 2009 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jumbojet19920711

New Head-Fier
Carrying on from the previous thread. I am really really stuck as to which one to choose. There are choices from a variety of "classes", please help me choose in terms of best value-for-money.

Thanks!

Edit: Throw in the q-jays for $179 into the mix. I would be very hesitant to part with such money though, but I really like those q-jays.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 8
Well hydro, the PFEs get up close to that price too...because 160(PFE)+25(Shipping)+35(Customs Duty) USD = around 270 CAD. So I vote PFE.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 8
Don't wanna threadcrap, but I would think you're excluding a major contender... the new Apple In Ear phones. I've just got mine, and like them, but some more "expert" members of this forum have said they are almost indistinguishable from the PFE, which happen to cost much more. So... pretty good sound for a very reasonable price.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi Since you are also uping you budget. may I suggest Atrio M5s V2. Though I'm not sure what music to listen to. but is you're a Bass monster like me these are one of the best in that category.

I actually cleared some earphones from my inventory. I had a Q-jay and a TF10. i'm now left w/ my IE8 and Atrio. There are times I just pull out the Atrio to get my bass fill. The IE8 is on a different leaue though (note I love my HD650). =)

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 8
I voted fot Audeo's. I don't own them because I enjoy listening Triple.Fi's more but I was shocked when I heard the Audeo's retail price. For this much money you can't buy more enjoyable to listen IEM's. Theirs isolation and comfort is just stunning. With good player ( I mean the really good ones like H300/100, E10 iRivers ) it's an absolute joy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back