IEM for my Sony Xperia XZ
Oct 27, 2017 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KanonxTWGOK

New Head-Fier
I'm currently having a small amount of money so I'm still confusing whether to buy a Fiio F5 or TFZ Exclusive 5 or even Sony lastest IER- H500A for my smartphone. My favourite genre of music are Pop, Reggae, Rap, Indie and some EDM.

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 11
I'm currently having a small amount of money so I'm still confusing whether to buy a Fiio F5 or TFZ Exclusive 5 or even Sony lastest IER- H500A for my smartphone. My favourite genre of music are Pop, Reggae, Rap, Indie and some EDM.
Hi, the thread is quite old but have you finally decided for Sony h500A? :D I am considering them as well as my daily pair of earphones. I would prefer fun sound instead of a flat neurality and tons of details which I listed to at home when it is necessary. Are they too bassy or the bass is still polite?

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi, the thread is quite old but have you finally decided for Sony h500A? :D I am considering them as well as my daily pair of earphones. I would prefer fun sound instead of a flat neurality and tons of details which I listed to at home when it is necessary. Are they too bassy or the bass is still polite?
In the future, it would be better to start a new thread with your questions, given how old this one is.

What is your budget for these earphones?

Jul 29, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 11
In the future, it would be better to start a new thread with your questions, given how old this one is.

What is your budget for these earphones?
Ok, I will.

My budget is let's say $150, but I might consider even slightly more expensive IEMs. The money is not the deciding factor, I was rather looking for Sony earphoens, since I've never had Sony earphones before. h500A cost about $99 and from the description I though it could live up to my expectations. Except for h500a, I also considered Sony XBA-N3AP to be quite interesting and probably also fun sounding. However, the price different is huge and I'm not sure if it's worth it - based on N3AP's hybrid driver I would expect the sound to be similar to h500a in lower freq and that the balanced armature would improve the mids/highs - but have no idea how much. There are not many review of Sony's earphones, so I though I might get some opinions on their sound.

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 11
Personally and in my opinion, the best 'fun'-sounding IEM at the $100 price point is the iBasso IT01. Pretty sure it will best the SONY's you list. Just my take, though, and YMMV--of course.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 11
I've read a lot of great reviews about iBasso IT01 and its great ration price/performance. My only concern is the fit/isolation since IT01 is worn over ear and I'll be using them mainly for commuting and maybe traveling. Thanks for the tip :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Btw, do you think IT01 will beat by far even Sony XBA-N3AP?
I would expect it to be competitive with the N3AP and to have a more balanced bass presentation. Like I said, the IT01 punches way, way above its price in performance. In particular, its level of detail and separation is highly impressive. It has prominent bass but is not a bass cannon. The sound is impressive overall and it is confusing that something this affordable is this good. It is worth considering.

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 11
I would expect it to be competitive with the N3AP and to have a more balanced bass presentation. Like I said, the IT01 punches way, way above its price in performance. In particular, its level of detail and separation is highly impressive. It has prominent bass but is not a bass cannon. The sound is impressive overall and it is confusing that something this affordable is this good. It is worth considering.
I will consider it! :) How's the fit and isolation, does it require a lot of tip rolling?

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 11
I just received my IER-H500A from sony.
They aren't exactly fun sounding like i would expect.
It sounds between warm and fun sounding..
if you are looking for the 'oomph' effect.. it's there but just not enough =P. I have my bass tuned up in my equalizer for edm movies and games.

Jun 21, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #11 of 11
IER-H500A is for walkman A series like A45/55. It's neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back