IEM for music listening Budget: $100
Apr 30, 2016 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

abhisheak08

New Head-Fier
Hi! Guys,
How are you doing?

I am looking for IEM for music listening purpose.
Genre (I don't limit my self to any particular genre, but mainly I listen to these): Indie Pop, Pop, Rock, R&B & Hip-Hop, EDM.
Currently I own Sennhieser Amperior and SoundMagic E10S. I find them bit lacking in bass department apart from that I like their sound signature.
I want fun sounding bass-ey IEM's, but bass should not overpower the vocals.
Budget is around $100 (But I can extend if a better sounding IEM is available)
Place of buying: Online @Amazon.com or locally in India

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 11
I recently led my father to the Audio Technica ATH-IM70. Great bass, but more balanced than the IM50. A truly great earphone for the price range.

May 1, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply, are they more bass centric than Amperiors and E10s? I don't want to end up with all three pairs sounding very similar.
Also any other recommendation apart from im70's.

May 1, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 11
i heard great things about the im70s

May 1, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 11
E40? It sure beats the S**t out of the Shure 215s .

From the E40, E50 and E70 thread:

Heard all three at Canjam. Here are some short impressions from the brief amount of time I had with them.

E40: Very nice! It has 90% of the CKR9LTD sound. Lively, punchy and dynamic with very forward vocals.. Bass is one of the best I've heard in this price range, almost exactly like CKR9LTD bass. For the price it's a superb value. Impressed!

E50: Quite neutral sounding, but nothing noteworthy about it. Sounds veiled in comparison to E70.

E70: Very flat tuning with a nice amount of sparkle in the highs. Somewhat reminiscent of the XBA-300. Resolution and detail are pretty good. Not nearly as fun or musical as the IM03, probably suited for monitoring only.

IMO the E40 is a big step above IM70. Tighter and punchier bass, more forward and clearer mids, and a more present treble. No contest. The E40 is really close to the level of CKR9LTD/10 to me, and it's amazing how they achieved that for half the price of the CKR's.

May 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 11
    Hi, hope you are keeping well, from personal experience check out RHA 750'S also the Trinity Audio Delta's

I have a pair of Ostry KC06 and they sound better than the RHA 750s. Personally i would only get the RHAs for their long-ass warranty.
Ive never tried the Deltas though.

May 2, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #9 of 11
I've owned the im70 and it sounds muddy to me. Not good for fast like edm or pop. It has good vocals and sounds organic tho.
I recommend tk13s. They have better sound quality than anything else mentioned in this thread. Lots of bass too

May 3, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #11 of 11
That would indicate a lack of IEMs available there ,because some are quite common like the IM70 which is quite widely available around the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back