IEM for Movie Watiching?
May 27, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 22
Im not surprised by your answer. I have the JVC FW01s, but they're too darn big and uncomfortable... I love the big warm sound however. Maybe I made a mistake because the fdx1 have adjustable nozzles. Thank you.
Anything else?

May 27, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 22
Seinhesser iems may not be objectively flat for perfect music playback.

But they have the most amazing ability to build an ambience of a scene and draw you in. Great for movies.

This includes the Seinhesser mtw models and the wired ie80s.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 22
I wonder if there are any IEM's are big and dynamic sounding enough to watch movies with? Cans heat my head up too much.
$250 is my upper limit. Thanks!

You definitely need a dynamic driver for the bass.

- I really like the ThieAudio Legacy 3 for overall sound balance, soundstage, and imaging.
- For a ton bass, consider the BLON BL03 and the TFZ No.3
- FDX1 is extremely detailed, and very musical. Dialogue would come through well, but I don’t think it suits movies that well. You will hear every special effect, but not have that much bass. It is not warm at all like FW01.

May 27, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 22
Check out the Jade Audio EA3. It is a bright set in the treble for casual music (so not for treble sensitive folks), but I find it is quite good for movies due to the wide soundstage, above average technicalities and deep subbass extension.

May 27, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 22
Once I was watching a Michael Bay movie on Netflix using my QKZ VK4 plugged in an iPad. When there was an explosion scene i was totally shocked by the sub bass came from that VK4 because I've never experienced sub bass like that when I was using the BL03 for any kind of listening. I tried VK4 and BL03 back and forth, repeating that same scene and tried some 2049 sound tracks. Man, the VK4 is definitely better for movie and movie sound tracks. BL03 has better presentation on songs with vocal on the other hand.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 22
I do find an elevated sub bass very satisfying to watch movies with. My vsonic GR07 37 does this quite well, its highs are lacking however, but at least that means less fatigue.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 22
I just watched an action movie with the BLON BL03s, and it sounded awesome, with a great balance of dialogue, ambience, localization, and LFE.

Jun 20, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #12 of 22
Just curious, does anyone have any other recommended gems for watching movies with.

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #14 of 22
Not IEMs but earbuds: VE Monk Plus. Great mids (where all the dialogue, voice and action happens), decent soundstage, and comfy if buds work for you as you are literally not penetrating your ear hole with a foreign object. Also, dirt cheap. I have 3 pairs and love them all, and have purchased several sets for friends for the exact purpose of watching Netflix on their laptops.

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #15 of 22
I second the BLON recommendations here; they're my choice for movies when I do watch them on the computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back