IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Aug 16, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #1,681 of 2,106
I've seen you also have argentum and fibae7, how aurum relates to these?
Yeah, I have :wink:
Aurum is a no-brainer in my opinion. Way higher level regarding everything (sound, bass structure, details, soundstage, depth, and so on, and those highs... man! the best EST sound ever made) than both - Argentum and fibae7. Argentum is more fun sounding, with more bass punch. Slightly more forward mids, but not as clear as Aurum. Highs are sharper and the overall sound signature is colder than Aurum. Fibae7 - to be honest, it is not fully my piece of cake. I like them, they are very good, technical earphones, but too sharp for my opinion.

Aug 16, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #1,682 of 2,106
Aurum is a no-brainer in my opinion. Way higher level regarding everything (sound, bass structure, details, soundstage, depth, and so on, and those highs... man! the best EST sound ever made) than both - Argentum and fibae7. Argentum is more fun sounding, with more bass punch. Slightly more forward mids, but not as clear as Aurum. Highs are sharper and the overall sound signature is colder than Aurum. Fibae7 - to be honest, it is not fully my piece of cake. I like them, they are very good, technical earphones, but too sharp for my opinion.
Really interesting, aurum seems great, I would like to pick an iem capable of manage every metal genre without effort, with good separation, good punch, engaging and musical signature

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #1,683 of 2,106
Really interesting, aurum seems great, I would like to pick an iem capable of manage every metal genre without effort, with good separation, good punch, engaging and musical signature
Then you need Aurum. It is everything you want from IEMS, and even more :wink: contact Jedrek - he is CEO of CE but also he collects new orders and communicate with customers - he is such a nice guy! He will advise with design and very likely give some small discount :wink:

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #1,684 of 2,106
Then you need Aurum. It is everything you want from IEMS, and even more :wink: contact Jedrek - he is CEO of CE but also he collects new orders and communicate with customers - he is such a nice guy! He will advise with design and very likely give some small discount :wink:
Sure i will in the next future, a tribrid is also what I'm looking for, having VxV and Dorado 2020, the first is more an all rounder, the second I feel is best with classic rock or trash metal

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,685 of 2,106
Turii 🤘

It’s been a minute. Might as well update my mini rankings.
  1. Softears Turii OG
  2. FiR Audio Kr5
  3. MEST mkii (w/ SE adapter + EQ + AR-M2)
  4. Rhapsodio Eden
  5. 64 Audio Fourté Noir
  6. Campfire Solaris OG
  7. 7Hz Timeless
  8. Oriolus Isabellae
Why the Softears Turii is so good for metal music?
Even better than the more expensive IEMs 🤔?
The timbre is the same between turii OG and turii TI?

The searching never ends…😅

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #1,686 of 2,106
It's a pity that IMR makes short series of iems but for Metal I have found the IMR ACE to be great. Planar, DD and bone conduction. It has a very good soundstage for an in ear, good tonality, separation and good bass.

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,687 of 2,106
@orifiel

Why the Softears Turii is so god for metal music? - The tuning, staging, openness, and realism of power and space is rare in a single DD. Took me by surprise. “Why is this so good?” I stopped asking. It just is. Lol. It’s basically Erlkonig mids and treble and Solaris OG’s bass profile turned up a notch or 2

Even better than the more expensive IEMs 🤔? -oh, yes, imo. Single coherent DD sounds best for metal but most are small stage, lack of detail retrieval, strange tuning, etc. the tubeless iems from Fir and 64 have close dynamics to a single DD, but still not quite as close as sounding like an amp on fire like Turii OG does.

The timbre is the same between turii OG and turii TI? -I have not head the Ti but from impressions, no, they are most definitely different. In more than just tuning, it seems.

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,688 of 2,106
@orifiel

Why the Softears Turii is so god for metal music? - The tuning, staging, openness, and realism of power and space is rare in a single DD. Took me by surprise. “Why is this so good?” I stopped asking. It just is. Lol. It’s basically Erlkonig mids and treble and Solaris OG’s bass profile turned up a notch or 2

Even better than the more expensive IEMs 🤔? -oh, yes, imo. Single coherent DD sounds best for metal but most are small stage, lack of detail retrieval, strange tuning, etc. the tubeless iems from Fir and 64 have close dynamics to a single DD, but still not quite as close as sounding like an amp on fire like Turii OG does.

The timbre is the same between turii OG and turii TI? -I have not head the Ti but from impressions, no, they are most definitely different. In more than just tuning, it seems.
Maybe i need to try the Turii OG, your description gives me the hype 😅
I’ll try to get one 🤔

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #1,689 of 2,106
@orifiel

I don't believe that more driver better is the sound, but yes maybe a single driver could struggle with fastest metal, there must be some tech magic inside those shells

Aug 18, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #1,690 of 2,106
I don't believe that more driver better is the sound, but yes maybe a single driver could struggle with fastest metal, there must be some tech magic inside those shells
To be fair, Turii can struggle with exceptionally fast and brutal material (not a lot, but some) its threshold is greater than most other single DD’s however. I use Mest or Kr5 for the stuff Turii may struggle with, depending on where the mids lie and personal preference. Its not driver count so much as resolving speed and dynamics that matter. Kr5 is faster than VE Phonix and has way less drivers, for example.

Aug 19, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #1,691 of 2,106
To be fair, Turii can struggle with exceptionally fast and brutal material (not a lot, but some) its threshold is greater than most other single DD’s however. I use Mest or Kr5 for the stuff Turii may struggle with, depending on where the mids lie and personal preference. Its not driver count so much as resolving speed and dynamics that matter. Kr5 is faster than VE Phonix and has way less drivers, for example.
maybe the balanced armatures for mids help with dynamics, when I use VxV I can feel the difference compared to dorado

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #1,692 of 2,106
Hi
I love westone’s warm and non fatiguing sound and perfect fiting comfort
Dont buy a westone w50 for hard rock HC metal
Too bassy and lacking mids , despite great sound
I reviewed them all

Tested um2 and and um20 for a long time , very good « budget » ones, punchy « in your head » mid oriented sound but treble lacking
Also w10, perfect balanced mid oriented, but lacking overall quality

Im actualy searching feed-back for um30/50 or their new bro x30/50 but not finding much…

Hope I helped, and if someone can help me…

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,693 of 2,106
Hi
I love westone’s warm and non fatiguing sound and perfect fiting comfort
Dont buy a westone w50 for hard rock HC metal
Too bassy and lacking mids , despite great sound
I reviewed them all

Tested um2 and and um20 for a long time , very good « budget » ones, punchy « in your head » mid oriented sound but treble lacking
Also w10, perfect balanced mid oriented, but lacking overall quality

Im actualy searching feed-back for um30/50 or their new bro x30/50 but not finding much…

Hope I helped, and if someone can help me…
Sorry mate, never tried any westone iems, hope you can find a valid clue

Aug 21, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,695 of 2,106
F7U is more tamed on upper mids and increased bass presence, it’s excellent for anything metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back