IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Nov 4, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #346 of 2,106
Today BGGAR uploaded a new video on his YT channel about the Shuoer Tape Pro. These IEMs are very interesting.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #348 of 2,106
IEMusic! I just saw your signature and there's an iem that I'm quite curious about: the FH3! Can you compare it with the FH3?

And have you ever tried the tri I3? In my research through the internet people praised this one a lot too!
I've ordered A7 after talking to some owners who listens to bands like cattle decap, Absu,Enslaved, Death they tested some really fast music and totally satisfied with the overall sound + you can tune according to your likeness. I waited quiet a while to hear impressions from particularly metalheads. It also suits a diverse range of music so all in all its a win for me.
Tri i3 maybe more suited to more slower/ smooth jazz kinda tracks than metal.
Shuoer pro, which just got released looks very interesting as well but not much reviews out yet

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #349 of 2,106
I'm quite curious about: the FH3!
The FH3 is L-shaped, with boosted bass. The bass is fast and percussive, and the overall tuning is well suited for metal, as long as you’re not wanting a whole lot of treble quantity and detail. In it’s price range, it is a great option, but I don’t know how the new Shuoer Tape Pro will compare. The soundstage, imaging, and instrument separation is good, but not particularly special IMO, not really better than a good single DD IEM in those aspects. It is less likely to sound congested though. If getting the FH3, I’d recommend buying it from a company with an easy return/exchange policy.

Nov 5, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #350 of 2,106
The FH3 is L-shaped, with boosted bass. The bass is fast and percussive, and the overall tuning is well suited for metal, as long as you’re not wanting a whole lot of treble quantity and detail. In it’s price range, it is a great option, but I don’t know how the new Shuoer Tape Pro will compare. The soundstage, imaging, and instrument separation is good, but not particularly special IMO, not really better than a good single DD IEM in those aspects. It is less likely to sound congested though. If getting the FH3, I’d recommend buying it from a company with an easy return/exchange policy.
A7 or FH3 for metal ?

it seems that the FH3 is better at bass and A7 for mid and treble am I right?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #351 of 2,106

iBasso IT01Ss are better imho compared to FH3s, and the price is similar. Shuoer Tape PROs seem to be good at handling fast and busy stuff.

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #352 of 2,106
A7 or FH3 for metal ?

it seems that the FH3 is better at bass and A7 for mid and treble am I right?
I'd go for A7 but that's just me, Metal sounds better when the bass is of fast and good clean quality than quantity for my ears. Blast beats bro! Gotta survive George Kollias/Flo Mounier/Jamie Saint...

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #353 of 2,106
iBasso IT01Ss are better imho compared to FH3s, and the price is similar. Shuoer Tape PROs seem to be good at handling fast and busy stuff.
Unfortunately the Tape Pro might have rolled of treble compared to tape. The pro seems more darker. Have to wait for reviews, can't risk it.

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #354 of 2,106
could you give a detailed comparison IT01S vs FH3 ?
there is a great deal on used IT01S, might grab it if it's good,

thank you,

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #355 of 2,106
Today BGGAR uploaded a new video on his YT channel about the Shuoer Tape Pro. These IEMs are very interesting.

I saw that too and the claim about bass quality is very amazing. I mean he knows what bass quality is. So.......? But at times bass quality can be found cheaply...like the BQEYZ BQ3 can have amazing bass if the signal is right. Of course bass isn’t the whole picture at all, especially concerning metal. At times there can be holes where there is simply an off presentation where not all instruments are represented, or stuff just sounds off? The next Chinese IEM I have coming is the Spring2 also by BQEYZ......so? We will see what that’s like?

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #356 of 2,106
could you give a detailed comparison IT01S vs FH3 ?
there is a great deal on used IT01S, might grab it if it's good,

thank you,

Really sorry I did not A/B test on them, but I have the IT01S and I listened to the FH3. I remember them a little too relaxed in the low end. My IT01Ss have better tonality to me, with more impactful and controlled bass. I think that iBasso did a great job with the new DD, and probably they will use it in the new IT04S.
By the way IT01Ss are good allrounders, but I would not recommend it for fast metal subgenres (death, core, prog and others). I think I will sell them when I will find the perfect IEMs for metal because I'm not using them at the moment. My wish list at the moment is:
- Unique Melody MEST
- Fearless S8F
- Shuoer Tape Pro

I am also curious about Fearless Tequila, but 11.11 is near and there are no reviews about them.

Nov 5, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #358 of 2,106
On second thought, I think my S8F might be enough for me. I think I get caught up on trying to find a perfect IEM for an album I like but I think that album was just mastered badly and will always sound better on speakers.
Listening to stuff like ISIS' Panopticon album sounds great. I find my Starfields are a bit more forgiving for some albums like Alice in Chains that aren't mastered as well if my speakers aren't an option

Nov 5, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #359 of 2,106
I mentioned how good the MEST was previously. I should point out that it beats all my other IEM's in almost all genres BUT I have recently picked up the KSE1200 and it is on a different level.

If you don't want boosted bass, the Shure's are just phenomenal. With foam tips, the bass is just perfect and you don't sacrifice any detail. I am not sure what else to look for in an IEM. I will be keeping the MEST for the time being as a backup in case my KSE1200 dies or the energiser needs recharging but for me, now electrostatics have been experienced, I am not sure I can ever go back to anything else.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #360 of 2,106
I can speak to the MEST being insanely good for Metal. Best ever, not sure but damn good! (edit) beats the pants off the S8F imo
I would love to read a direct comparison between these two. Since I have the S8F I can easily connect. How do they better the 8F. I can't imagine how can something sound even better? Better mids? Better timbre? Better stage/imaging? I can't possibly imagine something more faster on bass on both attack n decay or even better instrument seperation?!!
I find them the best from what I've heard among all the iem's specifically with metal. I haven't only heard iem's under $500 ofcourse. How does MEST take the crown here? Pls share your take

Users who are viewing this thread

Back