IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Dec 1, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #601 of 2,099
Hi guys, I've found a interesting deal, the shop is selling someone's refurbished custom iems with knowles 32838 (which I believe in fact are knowles quad GV-32830) I've heard about them several times and overall they are described as rather good system (not excellent but the price is about 120 USD for a pair in a universal shell). What do you think should I even waste my time to plan a trip to listen them, or they are not worth it? The specs i've found seems ok, not very dark, not very bright, as i prefer…

Attachments

• 20201130_000918.jpg
    20201130_000918.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • gv-datasheet.pdf
    241.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #602 of 2,099
Hi guys, I've found a interesting deal, the shop is selling someone's refurbished custom iems with knowles 32838 (which I believe in fact are knowles quad GV-32830) I've heard about them several times and overall they are described as rather good system (not excellent but the price is about 120 USD for a pair in a universal shell). What do you think should I even waste my time to plan a trip to listen them, or they are not worth it? The specs i've found seems ok, not very dark, not very bright, as i prefer…

If they are custom you should try them to check if they fit your ears, but I'm afraid not, since they are custom.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #603 of 2,099
If they are custom you should try them to check if they fit your ears, but I'm afraid not, since they are custom.
I'am afraid I was not clear enough. Someone made a custom iems and then decided not to use them, so guys at the shop removed the drivers and can install them in universal shell

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #604 of 2,099
I'am afraid I was not clear enough. Someone made a custom iems and then decided not to use them, so guys at the shop removed the drivers and can install them in universal shell
Ah ok sorry I didn't understand. Maybe someone else can help you better than me then. I don't know very well those drivers.

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #605 of 2,099
hi guys, I'm using a dx160 as my daily driver with a pair of Futuresonics G10. Listen to atmospheric black, technical death metal, some classic oldies metal and also various psych. rock and oldies rock music.
1) anyone had listened to dunu dk-3001 pro? how are those for rock/metal music? can the handle fast and complex passages well?
2) how much of an upgrade (if any) is the Fearless s8 (freedom or pro) over an LZ A7? I'm waiting for an LZ A7 to arrive, and generally I'm a bit skeptical about ba-only iems, but I know that the Fearless S8 do got many positive reviews, still would be glad for anyon'es opinion from personal experience

tnx!

Dec 3, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #607 of 2,099
Hi guys, i am using Jvc Fdx1 for progressive metal. Im thinking about upgrade to Lz A7. But in term of technicalities, does Lz a7 sound better than Fdx1?
IMHO, yes. There is definitely more bass, but it’s a little drier. In return, you get a very fast, crisp bass, with really good transient attack, and fast (for a DD) decay. It doesn’t bleed into the mids with any tuning. As far as the mids and treble, that depends on the tuning chosen, but I think it is quite a bit more resolving and revealing of details (it’s actually very detailed for this price range), and I think the soundstage and imaging and notably better too. While the A7 is also really impressive with its timbral accuracy for a tribrid with a piezo, it still can match the naturalness of how the FDX1 sounds. For vocals, I think it’s a toss up. For acoustic music and most classical music, the FDX1 is better. For rock, metal, pop, rap, R&B, EDM, the A7 is quite a bit better. This is all one person’s opinion mind you.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #608 of 2,099
hi guys, I'm using a dx160 as my daily driver with a pair of Futuresonics G10. Listen to atmospheric black, technical death metal, some classic oldies metal and also various psych. rock and oldies rock music.
1) anyone had listened to dunu dk-3001 pro? how are those for rock/metal music? can the handle fast and complex passages well?
2) how much of an upgrade (if any) is the Fearless s8 (freedom or pro) over an LZ A7? I'm waiting for an LZ A7 to arrive, and generally I'm a bit skeptical about ba-only iems, but I know that the Fearless S8 do got many positive reviews, still would be glad for anyon'es opinion from personal experience

tnx!

Hello, I own Dunu DK-3001pro. This is a great all-rounder iem with a precise and natural tone that works well with almost any musical style. The basses aren't overwhelming in quantity, they're there when the track calls for them, and they come out in excellent layered quality. The media are spectacular and stand out both in male voices and much more in female voices. The highs are of quality, precise but not with much extension or quantity. The scene without being huge, is perfectly balanced in height-width (giving a medium but holographic scene and in 3D). It is an iem that I recommend to all people, and it should not be missing in the collection; the best in balance for the price. For rock, folk, acoustic, classic, jazz, progressive, soft metal, etc. For deathmetal I would look for something with more punch ... Hope I helped.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #609 of 2,099
IMHO, yes. There is definitely more bass, but it’s a little drier. In return, you get a very fast, crisp bass, with really good transient attack, and fast (for a DD) decay. It doesn’t bleed into the mids with any tuning. As far as the mids and treble, that depends on the tuning chosen, but I think it is quite a bit more resolving and revealing of details (it’s actually very detailed for this price range), and I think the soundstage and imaging and notably better too. While the A7 is also really impressive with its timbral accuracy for a tribrid with a piezo, it still can match the naturalness of how the FDX1 sounds. For vocals, I think it’s a toss up. For acoustic music and most classical music, the FDX1 is better. For rock, metal, pop, rap, R&B, EDM, the A7 is quite a bit better. This is all one person’s opinion mind you.
Hi thank you for your comparison. Fdx1 works well for me but i always feel it eventually makes my ears fatigue after a long session listening to metal. I tried rolling tips, nozzles and cables. It sounds wonderful with many gernes, but 'less wonderful' with metal. So i decided to find an iem that sounds great with metal. My budget around 300$ so i am thinking of Lz a7...

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #610 of 2,099
Hello, I own Dunu DK-3001pro. This is a great all-rounder iem with a precise and natural tone that works well with almost any musical style. The basses aren't overwhelming in quantity, they're there when the track calls for them, and they come out in excellent layered quality. The media are spectacular and stand out both in male voices and much more in female voices. The highs are of quality, precise but not with much extension or quantity. The scene without being huge, is perfectly balanced in height-width (giving a medium but holographic scene and in 3D). It is an iem that I recommend to all people, and it should not be missing in the collection; the best in balance for the price. For rock, folk, acoustic, classic, jazz, progressive, soft metal, etc. For deathmetal I would look for something with more punch ... Hope I helped.

Thanks for yor reply @pepodenata - that's more or less the impression I got from other various reviews of the DK-3001 Pro. You made it a bit more clear for me.

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #611 of 2,099
What about that 3db spikes at 3 and 6 khz? Can they be irritating for someone who not a great fond of highs? I've sold my dunu falcon because of this (they have a 5db spike at 6khz)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #612 of 2,099
What about that 3db spikes at 3 and 6 khz? Can they be irritating for someone who not a great fond of highs? I've sold my dunu falcon because of this (they have a 5db spike at 6khz)
All headphones have their peaks in one or another frequency range ... it is already in tastes where they annoy or like the audiophile in question, and it is also if you like to equalize or not ... I love how they are tuned ... .

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #613 of 2,099
Thanks for yor reply @pepodenata - that's more or less the impression I got from other various reviews of the DK-3001 Pro. You made it a bit more clear for me.
I'm glad I was helpful.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #614 of 2,099
All headphones have their peaks in one or another frequency range ... it is already in tastes where they annoy or like the audiophile in question, and it is also if you like to equalize or not ... I love how they are tuned ... .

I mean are they really not as sharp as falcon, in case you've experience the birds

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #615 of 2,099
I mean are they really not as sharp as falcon, in case you've experience the birds
I have not tried Falcons, but nothing seems sharp to my ears with the 3001pro. Quite the opposite, sweetness and refinement. As long as the recordings are good ... but that's another story ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back