IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Apr 2, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #1,831 of 2,106
I see a lot of people in this thread owning Mest Mk2 and it seems like something that I will love as well. It's not that it's outside my budget* either but I'm not sure if I should jump straight to it instead of trying something in the middle.
Thanks for the recs.
If there's a will there's a way, but generally speaking, it should be a pretty good option, you can find a mest mk2 on the used market for around 800usd, if not less if you're lucky.

I will mention, in my opinion, it's better to get a proper kilobuck over a few midfi, although if you do not know your preferred tonality, then it might be a big risk.

Do know that when you have a kilobuck iem with a good name and status, such as the mest mk2, you can trade it fairly easily for other iems, if it's not to your liking.

I'll also mention that a mid-fi iem + a good source will easily outdo a totl iem with a dongle dac for example. The wm1a is a great option if you're not into streaming, n6ii if you do.

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #1,832 of 2,106
I see a lot of people in this thread owning Mest Mk2 and it seems like something that I will love as well. It's not that it's outside my budget* either but I'm not sure if I should jump straight to it instead of trying something in the middle.
Thanks for the recs.
I will have a Neon Pro in a month or so, and then I can make a comparison between the Mest MK2 and the Neon Pro.

I have high hopes for the Neon Pro as a lot of people tell wonderful things about it, but I haven't been able to test it yet.

On the other hand it is true that now it is easy to get a Mest MK2, even a new one, well below its original price.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,833 of 2,106
Thanks for the recs.
Jump straight to it. You'll end up there anyway and it will save you money long term. Trust me on this. I've spent sooo much money chasing the ideal set up. Mest mkii is solid. Z1r is also good, but I prefer mest treble.

Apr 3, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,834 of 2,106
I'm pretty sold on Mest Mk2 for now and will be on the lookout for any sale.
Thanks for all the recs.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,835 of 2,106
Hi all

After having Letshuoer S12 for some months I want to say that for me they're great for metal.
Good with all geners and perfect with many albums. I'm a fan of melodic death, power, prog, some black, metal core, some death core.

I can't admit that they are perfect since I didn't try any expensive IEMs and didn't plan to go over 150$ but for 100$ I'm totally satisfied and I'm not planning to get any new ones untill I read people talking about IEMs for metal that much better than S12 at the price of 100-150.

I want to thank all people who recommend S12 for metal

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #1,836 of 2,106
I enjoy both my Timeless AE with a little bass cut, and my ER4SR with a little bass boost for metal.

*Currently listening to Opeth on the ER4SR with a +3dB bass shelf starting at 125hz and I don’t think it gets any better. This is perfect for my tastes.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,837 of 2,106
First time posting on here so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm looking for IEMs that are good for male vocals but still have clear trebles. Budget is a hard cap of $100 but the cheaper the better. I listen mostly to metal like Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Megadeth, Metallica etc.... I also listen to some calmer stuff like Cat Stevens, Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce, etc...

I've mainly been looking at the Truthear Zero or the Final Audio E3000 but I am also wondering if the Moondrop Arias are worth the extra cost. I am mainly worried that the E3000s are a bit outdated by now. Any input is appreciated as I am still new to this hobby.

Apr 5, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #1,839 of 2,106
Currently listening to Opeth on the ER4SR with a +3dB bass shelf starting at 125hz and I don’t think it gets any better. This is perfect for my tastes.

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #1,842 of 2,106
These fellas always keep surprising me with metal music, nr. 1 for me, they reproduce the music as should be, fast, energetic, amazing separation, I will never understand who described these as boring.
PXL_20230406_103909865.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back