IEM For Jogging/Gym(Wont Fall Off) With Good Music?
Jan 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
After reading the review, so much tempted, but they also said to get the MX 685 instead for gym. Since I do both, I guess MX 685 is better all around eh?

I would recommend something like the MX685 over an actual IEM. I've posted this on here before, but one of the problems with an IEM is that it really does seal all of the outside noise out. It may be okay for a gym, but it would be a really bad idea if you do any type of outdoor running. I live in the city where I have seen numerous close calls with pedestrians who have isolating IEMs in and don't hear traffic. It ruins your situational awareness, which is always dangerous. I will tell you, as the owner of SE-215s, they isolate very, very well. You wouldn't be able to hear the car before it hits you!

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Thanks. 

Is the neckband version really bad for the gym? Kinda want that. Im now confused between the two types. lol

I guess whatever is more comfortable. I had a cheap pair of buds that just had the little ear clip things for the gym, and they worked fine. I've never used a neckband personally, but I see a lot of people at the gym who do.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 23
Sennheiser Nike series and Yamaha EPH100 are great for gyme and outdoor use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back