IEM for iphone 4 with Remote and Mic
Apr 13, 2011 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mkv1500

Head-Fier
Can someone please suggest good iem with remote and mic for iphone 4. 

The budget is preferably $30 or less. 

I came across one - http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Isolation-Earbuds-tapLINE-Remote/dp/B0036SH8R6/ref=sr_du_3_map?ie=UTF8&qid=1302488152&sr=8-3

How are these?

I had Melec's M2 but it broke. 

The iem will be used in trains, bus and biking. Isolation is a priority. Sound quality shouldn't be bad like apple earbuds. Earbuds are a no go since it doesn't fit my ears. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Thank You

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 18
Hi I have an iPhone 4, and I haven't found any good IEM, but I do own the one you are looking at on Amazon (Scosche Noise Isolation Earbuds with tapLINE II Remote & Mic), they are not perfect, but it is the best one that I could find. Does the job for the isolation.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 18
I'm somewhat skeptical of the Scosche earphones... usually those kinds of IEM's are more like headsets than earphones meaning sound quality is lacking.  For under $30 I would just get another pair of meelecs, maybe you can try one of their higher end models.
Occasionally you can find Klipsch s4i earphones on sale for around 50.  I'd definitely recommend those if you can get them that cheaply.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
Can you throw some light on its sound quality and usage with mic and remote? can we skip tracks? answer phones on the go?

thanks

Sound quality doesn't really stand out, probably not even as good as the headset that's made by Apple which comes with the iPhone 4. No you can't skip tracks.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
On second thoughts, how you rate bluetooth headsets as an alternative to earphones? I am talking about proper two piece headset and not single ones. 

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-S305-Bluetooth-Headset-Packaging/dp/B002BH3I9U/ref=pd_cp_cps_3

No no no no no, do not go for a bluetooth headset, regardless brand or price. It does not transmit the sound well at all, you are best off to getting a $1 cheap earphones from the corner shop.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #9 of 18
You may want to check out the SoundMAGIC MP21.  They're basically just a PL21 with a mic and controls.  Doesn't look like it has volume controls, but apparently you can use it to pause, skip tracks and answer calls.  It may be difficult to find somewhere that sells them though...but after a few minutes of searching I did find it here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/375879484-Free-shipping-Soundmagic-MP21-in-ear-earphones-Build-in-Microphone-and-Call-answering-button-wholesalers.html

...but I've honestly never heard of this site before and have no clue how reputable they are.  It appears you can also find them on ebay.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #10 of 18
Thanks DaBomb for the link

i will look around, i found a seller on ebay selling for $4 more. looks like he is reliable. may get it from him. 

i will order this most probably. thank you. much appreciated.

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #13 of 18
Hi Fantoon, the IEM you suggest are way above my budget. Not willing to pay so much. 

** UPDATE **

Have ordered Soundmagic MP21 from ebay for $25. Will keep you updated.

Thank you all for your opinions

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
Hi Fantoon, the IEM you suggest are way above my budget. Not willing to pay so much. 

** UPDATE **

Have ordered Soundmagic MP21 from ebay for $25. Will keep you updated.

Thank you all for your opinions

Hey, glad I could help!  Be sure to let us know what you think of them, I'm curious as to how they sound too.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #15 of 18
Thanks Bomb,

Even i am eager too. Though delivery date is around may 5 so its gonna be a long wait. 

Haven't even got an acknowledgement from seller. I don't know if he is sleeping or what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back