iem for electronic music under $250 (balanced armature?)
Jan 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 71
Heirs are not that great for electronic music. Due to their neutral sound signature they aren't bassy enough. I have to carry around a set of Monoprice 8320s as well as my 4.Ai's. Considering an upgrade to the Cosmic Ears some day.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 71
4.Ais do not lack bass but are not bassy.

More drivers do not. they do change the sound and there is more to work with but some single BAs are better than any multi BAs. I think the BA2 or the twin armature cosmic ears is best for what you want or even the HY3 or HY5 if you can extend the budget because you get the armature speeds in the mid and highs but that deep dynamic bass.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #22 of 71
Cheap :wink: give Phil an email. He will set you with prices although they can be found on the 2013 newsletter. That's posted on the cosmic thread and perhaps website. Can't find right now as tired and on phone

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #26 of 71
You can get the W3 golds for around ~270 depending on earphone solutions promos. I consider them the best I have heard for your requirements, minus the removable cable. That's hard to find. Drivers don't really have a correlation with bass. I had the W4's and they have less bass than the W3's by a substantial amount. Some single drivers have more bass than 3-4 drivers, etc. The advantage of multiple drivers is they can put less strain on the drivers and play music more efficiently/whatever because there is one driver per frequency. Something like that. To be honest though, more doesn't always equal better, it just can.

I just got the GR07's, and I might sell my W3's, of course even if I wasn't - I still think they're your best option in the price range. The W3's are even bassier than a lot of dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back