IEM for EDM ($1000 - $2000)
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tomatoshoe

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking for the best IEM for EDM with a budget of $1000 - $2000. I've tried searching on here, but couldn't find people with this high of a budget...

My only requirements is that it is not a CIEM (aka not custom).

Thanks for any recommendations!

EDIT: I was thinking maybe Sennheiser IE 800 or AKG K3003? Lmk what you guys think!

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Higher price doesnt mean it will be best for EDM. Many high priced iems peopke are listening to a female singer playing a piano. You want the bass to hit deep and be impactful? You want clear smooth silky mids ? Detailed extended treble that is not too sharp ? You want a huge sound stage ? Great fit with good isolation ? Want to be able to change cables ?

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 5
Rhapsodio Galaxy seems like it would fit your requirements well

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Higher price doesnt mean it will be best for EDM. Many high priced iems peopke are listening to a female singer playing a piano. You want the bass to hit deep and be impactful? You want clear smooth silky mids ? Detailed extended treble that is not too sharp ? You want a huge sound stage ? Great fit with good isolation ? Want to be able to change cables ?

I've previously had the Westone 3, but eventually sold it because I wasn't too fond of it.

Yes, I want the bass to hit deep and impactful. Clear smooth silky mids. I do not want sharp treble. Sound stage is not important to me. I thought great fit was pretty much standard for most highly rated IEM's?
biggrin.gif
 Isolation is not important to me. Doesn't need to have the ability to change cables.

Thanks.

EDIT: I currently have the Piston 2 & 3, which I both like... But obviously don't compare to my headphones I currently have (TH-900, X2). I had the Westone 3, and thought they sounded great, but they didn't really blow my mind. I ended up selling it because I didn't use it as much as I'd like to as well. I put in enough hours into them to go past any burn-in period (if the Westone 3's even have one)...

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 5
I've previously had the Westone 3, but eventually sold it because I wasn't too fond of it.

Yes, I want the bass to hit deep and impactful. Clear smooth silky mids. I do not want sharp treble. Sound stage is not important to me. I thought great fit was pretty much standard for most highly rated IEM's? :D  Isolation is not important to me. Doesn't need to have the ability to change cables.

Thanks.

EDIT: I currently have the Piston 2 & 3, which I both like... But obviously don't compare to my headphones I currently have (TH-900, X2). I had the Westone 3, and thought they sounded great, but they didn't really blow my mind. I ended up selling it because I didn't use it as much as I'd like to as well. I put in enough hours into them to go past any burn-in period (if the Westone 3's even have one)...
Fender FXA6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back