IEM equivalent to HD600? [SOLVED] (bought hifiman re-400 as many ppl suggested)
Mar 17, 2014 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

yadako

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
as the title suggest, any idea on what IEM could have a similar sound signature to hd 600? I have been using the can and cant afford to make it portable, so I just wonder.

Thanks for all the advice

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 9
Up to 12khz-ish, the Aurisonics ASG-1 is similar; the problem with that IEM is that the response begins to drop off after 12khz, then disappears after 16khz. M HD600 sounds too bright by comparison if I switch right after using these. Of course, take into account that I'm willing to make that compromise for the fit of the shell* and how easy they are to drive using only a smartphone.**

The IE8 on the tightest bass setting seems to be a bit closer to the HD600/650 by my ears, but I really hated the fit.

*It's less dependent on the tips to stay in place, so I can wear a slightly looser tip if I need to be aware of my surroundings; on better-fitting tips it doesn't require a deep insertion nor a tighter tip, so I don't itch nor sweat as much.
**32ohm impedance, less distortion on the bass likely through the bigger, maybe also better driver, and maybe also the impedance doesn't stress weaker output sources as much; I only need about 1/5th of the volume setting on the S3 with these.

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 9
thanks for the suggestion, im gonna make my research soon. Do tell me more when you found some other IEM as well

smile.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 9
  oh wow really? I heard alot of good thing from re-400, but never had a chance to actually try on them. Considering its price, what a bargain, might as well just grab it for reference.

I'd have picked that up too but I got to try the ASG-1, and comfort for my ears was perfect. I can walk around over here (tropical climate, big city in concrete just reflecting UV, not enough trees) and my ears take longer to sweat and itch vs the usual IEMs' tips that need to be inserted a bit deeper to stay in place.

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #8 of 9
currently listening to hifiman re-400, and im loving it. Although smaller soundstage compared to hd600 (well its unfair to compare open headphone with IEM). Thank you all for the advices. Im a happy user of hifiman!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back