IEM Confusion
Feb 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SoundsRight

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new set of earphones,and YES, I did it, way too many reviews now im completely lost.I have been looking at the REZERO's because I want the treble and midrange that everybody keeps talking about but I want bass,I mean it doesnt have to be teeth chattering bass or anything but I do want bass.Are these a good choice? I'm not stuck on the REZERO's just sounds like the musical detail i'm looking for or is there another earphone that has great midrange and treble detail but with some low end kick? Budget is around $200(for now)Should have mentioned I have nuforce NE-6 right now and im not very impressed,I mean they sound ok just doesnt have much detail and sometimes too much bass.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 14
based on your description maybe fischer dba-02, or the ortofon eq-5
but there are a ton of good IEM's in joker's roundup in the forums that match your description and are under $200

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
but there are a ton of good IEM's in joker's roundup in the forums that match your description and are under $200

I was going to go the the Fischer DBA-02's as well.  Though I just sold mine to fund customs, I would love to (and may) have them back.  Nice clear detailed treble and mids, with tight, not boomy bass.  Really pretty brilliant, especially sub $200.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 14
Truthfully the DBA-02 was the other iem i was strongly considering but i was just concerned about the bass,I've never heard armature iems so I'm really not familiar with what that type of bass sounds like.I've read reviews that's stated it is no where near a basshead iem but who knows maybe thats what I'm looking for.I'm an electronics engineer so I take technical details some times a little too serious.Maybe i'll just give them a try an see! Thanks for the suggestions.

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Radius DDM (HP-TWF11) is Dual Dynamic Driver with plenty of bass kick. This are priced at your budget.
Great IEM, perhaps among best sounding dynamic in sub 200 price category. Too bad not widely available in USA but can be ordered directly from japan...

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Quote:

I was going to go the the Fischer DBA-02's as well.  Though I just sold mine to fund customs, I would love to (and may) have them back.  Nice clear detailed treble and mids, with tight, not boomy bass.  Really pretty brilliant, especially sub $200.

off topic here, but which custom did you decide on in the end? 

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 14
1964ears Quads.  Did my impressions and mailed them yesterday.  I just need to decide on a color, and whether or not to do custom art work.  I might post my possible artwork over in the appreciation thread and see what the gallery thinks.

Sorry for the thread jack.  One more comment -   Of all the iem's I've owned (not near as many as a few folks here, but a few of the usual suspects from a year or so ago), I really liked the DBA-02's best as a great sounding iem, for a fair price, and at any price.

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #10 of 14
They are very desirable right now.  I posted mine for sale, and had them sold in less than an hour about a week and a half ago, at a fair price.  It shouldn't cost you much to try them, since they will sell quickly and fairly on the off chance you don't like them.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
True, It's always good to know you have something that you can sell pretty quickly and not just be stuck with something you don't want,but hopefully there exactly what I'm looking for.

I personally don't think DBA02 are what you are looking for.
Read reviews on them prior making a decision, also selling this are hard unless you are willing to sell it for less.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #14 of 14
Yeah i'm still worried about the bass on armatures but as i stated earlier i've never heard an armature iem so i just cant really understand what it is,so what does anyone think of the REZERO's are they just as bass light as armatures? I've read reviews on them but of course its all subjective.I would appreciate some thoughts on the bass in not such a technical approach.Does anyone primarily listen to hip hop or any bass genres that own these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back