IEM Comfort Lvls
Jul 21, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 26
I don't know if you implied this two posts ago, but I hope you saw that those were the old style. The current Westone UM1's are below that comparison, and I promise they are utterly comfortable.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #18 of 26
I have the ER-6,s. I like the sound of them, but I think they are uncomfortable when I push them far enough in to get a good seal. I've tried the foamies that came with them also, but they are not much better for comfort. I recently bought some yuin pk-2,s and I like their comfort and fit better than the ety,s.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #19 of 26
Yea i know its the older models, i just like the simplicity of the look, and the body of it is rather small. Like i said above in my other posts, my ears are quite small, and it can barely fit the e2c's. So im just trying to get a smaller size for more comfort. It would be nice if i got a pic, with the e1's, e2cs and the um1(newer version) together to look at the size difference.

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #20 of 26
well fair 'nough. The older model appears about as big as the Ety Er-6i's, which means that you'd get the small size part down. Although, one aspect of UM1's comfort (current model) is the way it sits in your ear. I found having the cords dangling parallel to your ears, like the ety's, can make the entry of your ear canal feel a little fatigued as the cords get brushed and pulled at during the day. This also can be fixed by simply running the cords up, over your ears. Either way, the westone's really don't appear to be that different in size, only the angle of the earphone which affects the profile.

Of course, half the magic of the UM1's is having comfy eartips--that's really the battle in having comfortable iem's. Whatever you do, just be sure to get some comfy eartips.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #21 of 26
Ya you're right. But would it work with triple flanges?(From Shure).....I dont mind the wires over the ear, i kind of got used to it using the e2c's......

But I bought some triple flanges, and cut'm alittle bit so they can fit on the e2c and comfortably in my ear. I used those instead of the ear pieces made for it.(THe fit is tight but, you know it wont get stuck in ur ear if you get a really good seal and i dont know if anyone ever did this before). But foamies i like too but, it takes time to like break'm in, but once you do, its fabulous.

It would be nice to see like a comparison side by side of each model i like. But then again, who would have all these phones' lol.

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #22 of 26
have you tried the comply foamies that are shown on the Westones phones? (Beige & rounded at the ends) Or just the awkward looking yellow things?

They feel slightly rubberised or like they've been coated with something & dont really need breaking in.

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 26
I used the yellow/orange looking foamies. For me they always needed breaking in.

Also, i have my mind sorta set on the um1's. Do they accept the triple flanges? Has anyone ever tried?

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 26
Tips greatly affect how comfortable they feel along with just yourself

I find triflange earplugs (not on IEMS) to be moderately uncomfortable and occasionally painful

I sometimes can barely notice my marshmallows in my ears

Of 3 people who I let try them...
One is fine with both earplus and MMs
One is fine with just MMs
The final finds both uncomfortable
I find both fine

I would recommend getting a cheap pair of MMs or something and seeing if the feel of something in your ear bugs you...

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #25 of 26
I had a pair of e2cs and its not in my ear that bigs me, its the fact the the bulb shape does not fit snugly.(the tips work fine, but then the bulb shape is just to big. For most people, it can fit perfectly, but for my ears it doesnt fit at all and stick out.). Its so big and it just hangs out and that causes some stress on my ears.

Jul 23, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #26 of 26
Mods, i apologize for the double post but i wanted to bump this. Has anyone ever heard of the Mipro e-8p? They look really small compared to the Westone Um2. They're on ebay, i saw a guy selling them. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Anyone ever use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back