IEM Christmas Suggestion.
Dec 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Guysakar

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Over the last few days I have read through hours of threads here and my head is spinning. Thanks for all of the great information. You guys/gals are absolutely awesome.

I just missed out on a great deal for the Klipsch Image S4 for $35. They're now $50, thus I'm no longer dead set on them (I'm a bang-for-buck lunatic).

Hearing good things about Philips SHE3580, and Sony MH1C, but I have never had a good set of head phones and really want the most high end, best sounding, largest sound stage, most neutral...that I can get for my money.

I would really prefer to only spend around $25-$50, but have no problem going up to $135 if needs be.

If the Klipsch came up again for 35, I'd buy for sure. If the Philips SHE3580 had equal sound quality, I would jump on them as well.

BTW I listen to anything from Hendrix/Skinard/The Doors, to One Republic/Cold Play/Mumford & Sons...no Rap, and almost no country.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. BTW, this forum gets mentioned quite a bit on Slick Deals (when related) and Amazon reviews. You guys are the resident experts.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Order a 3580 and see if you are looking for something better than that. It is 7 dollars shipped. You pay more than that in shipping for some headphones. Your own ears are your best test.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Just thought of something. Can't find the answer via research. The Klipsch Image S4 is supposed to have a cable that does not transmit noise when rubbed. Anyone know if the Philips SHE3580 has a good cable?

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 6
No it does not. It is pretty microphonic. A little better than the monoprice 8230 but far from good.

The Klipsch is 7 times the price. (or 5 times on sale). In any case again I say order one for 7 bucks and try it out for yourself. I got one for a stocking stuffer for a friend. I also got the Monoprice DJ headphone for 16 dollars another great sounding, inexpensive holiday gift.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 6
If you want a some IEMs that ooze detail and will make those Klipsch S4's sound like generics, you can't go wrong with the RE0's for $50:
http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=38
Probably the best deal in hi-fi IEM audio under $100 right now. Read the reviews on these, they really are that good.

If you want something that is just fun and works with your phone and sounds great, the $30 Sony MH1C's are fantastic. I bet they beat the S4s as well in overall detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back