IEM cables question
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Edhunter

New Head-Fier
I have the Tin T2s and the KZ ZS10 Pro and i have a couple of others coming in. Im looking for cables to upgrade both of these and i have some questions.

I found a couple of **** 8-core and 16-core cables on ali and i was wondering whether those would be a good option? I see very good reviews as to the quality of the cable.

And another question, i have the ES100 which has 2.5 balanced in and i was wondering whether i should get balanced cables for these. **** cables are listed as balanced with 2.5 as well but are they really balanced? I mean they are 12-15 bucks each. Should i get the 2.5 then?

Im not sure if links are allowed, but this one is listed as balanced for example.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...promotion-20181111.promoteWysiwyg_502911280.0

And of-course, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the Tin T2s and the KZ ZS10 Pro and i have a couple of others coming in. Im looking for cables to upgrade both of these and i have some questions.

I found a couple of **** 8-core and 16-core cables on ali and i was wondering whether those would be a good option? I see very good reviews as to the quality of the cable.

And another question, i have the ES100 which has 2.5 balanced in and i was wondering whether i should get balanced cables for these. **** cables are listed as balanced with 2.5 as well but are they really balanced? I mean they are 12-15 bucks each. Should i get the 2.5 then?

And of-course, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi friend, best for you to ask at this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low-end-cheap-generic-otherwise-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/
They've given me good advise in the past.

For MMCX connector IEMs, it's quite straight forward, but some of these 2 pin IEMs for CHIFI come in para A, B, C variants, some of which are 0.75 mm and some 0.78 mm, so it's not so straight forward.
I don't have the Tin T2s, but I had the KZ ZS10 Pro previously and it utilizes a para C type 2 pin cable, which is angled. Some straight 2 pin connectors can fit, but it will stick out of the housing and look a bit weird (but I use it as such and it works fine).
Personally I use mostly NiceHCK 8 core copper cables, they are very good for the price, and come in 2 pin/MMCX and balanced/unbalanced variants. They are usually $9 - 10 USD but during 11/11 Aliexpress sale, they will be $6 - 7 USD.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi friend, best for you to ask at this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low-end-cheap-generic-otherwise-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/
They've given me good advise in the past.

For MMCX connector IEMs, it's quite straight forward, but some of these 2 pin IEMs for CHIFI come in para A, B, C variants, some of which are 0.75 mm and some 0.78 mm, so it's not so straight forward.
I don't have the Tin T2s, but I had the KZ ZS10 Pro previously and it utilizes a para C type 2 pin cable, which is angled. Some straight 2 pin connectors can fit, but it will stick out of the housing and look a bit weird (but I use it as such and it works fine).
Personally I use mostly NiceHCK 8 core copper cables, they are very good for the price, and come in 2 pin/MMCX and balanced/unbalanced variants. They are usually $9 - 10 USD but during 11/11 Aliexpress sale, they will be $6 - 7 USD.
Thanks for your reply! Yes i know about the different connectors. The zs10 pro takes qdc as far as i am aware right? Ill check out the NiceHCK you mentioned and ill probably get one of the **** cables as well.

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Just my two cents, @Edhunter,

If you're after good quality, decent to good sounding cables, especially 0.78 mm pins, I suggest the following in no particular order :

penonaudio.com
ISN Audio H16
ISN Audio C16

penon-offical.com
Penon Orbit
Penon GS 849
Penon OS 849

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back