IEM auditioning in Hong Kong?
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 53
Went to Mingo's shop in Wanchai and you only get a limited selection of earphones for auditioning. Unfortunately, there are no seats either so you'll have to stand the whole time.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can go to this little shop in 298.. its on the second floor to the left of the escalator.... her shop is quite small, but the sales lady is quite friendly and helpful and willing to let you try everything. but the shop is pretty small

Whats the shop called? Can you PM me the details.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #18 of 53
I think its called music souffles or sth if gjsi and I are referring to the same shop. If thats the case its instantly recognisable because its got a lot of the cheaper canalphones hanging down from stands and headphones on the walls. Again its on the 2nd floor in one of the corners of the floor.

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I had pretty good service from headphonehk.com (I auditioned amps and headphones for like 4 hrs before buying anything), but this year I'll probably go to mingo because its a bit closer to where I'll be staying, and that many people have recommended mingo.

Does Mingo have the Senn IE8, UM3, TF10 and SE530 for auditioning? These are the 4 that I'm choosing from, and I'll get custom tips with whichever one I'll be buying. IIRC, Mingo does the custom tips for about $300HKD, but the turnaround time will be tight as I'm only in HK for 2 weeks, and the manufacturing time for those tips is about 2 weeks..............Guess where and what I'll be doing as soon as I get off the plane
tongue.gif

I'll also be buying a tube amp, so mingo better not mind having me around the store for a long time before buying something!

headphonehk didn't have an SE530 for sampling when I went there, which sucked, but I got to audition ER4, SF5pro, TF10, UM2 and UM1. Also got to sample many of their amps and headphones as well (e.g. MS1), so I guess it was good compensation.

Mingo HMW has got TF10 Pro, Westone 3, SE530 and IE8 for you to listen.
Those are meaningful for you to choose the best of the best in your mind. Don't worry about that.

There also lots of the headphones, portable amplifiers and the interconnect cables for you to listen too. Go there and have fun!

Remember, those all products will be only available in MongKok's shop, which its address is Room 1602, 16/F, Good Hope Building. Other shops only has less products for you to listen.

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 53
So the one in wangchai has less stuff than usual??? I've always been wondering why there are 2 stores in Mongkok.....

Do they have UM3 demonstrators yet? I read on their website that there is going to be a sample available.

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the one in wangchai has less stuff than usual??? I've always been wondering why there are 2 stores in Mongkok.....

Do they have UM3 demonstrators yet? I read on their website that there is going to be a sample available.

Yes, as I said before, the shop in Wanchai has fewer selections. They have Westone 3s for auditioning at the main shop. (W3 not UM3 btw
wink.gif
)
Apparently, they're all sold out at the moment.
confused_face.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #22 of 53
nsx_23, can you please post impressions after you get your custom tips (when do you get them, by the way?), I want to try them as well
smily_headphones1.gif

I've really been impressed by the service at Mingo's, same as someone said before and the personnel is really nice. The guy in Wanchai knows me already
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #24 of 53
Definitely go to Mingos or Kingsound, both in Mongkok, and literally 5 minutes walk from each other(depending on how much people are in Mongkok at the time
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Both shops provide awesome service, professional, sincere, and non pushy. Their salesmen/women are genuine and makes me feel at home.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 53
@nsx_23
Mingo has 2 shops in Mong Kok because one is what he calls a "club" which has the most complete selection of headphones and iems. However, the club closes really early (for HK standards, they close at 8:30 and stop admitting people in at 8:15 iirc). The other one he calls a convienience store and doesn't have as complete a selection to buy, much less audition. However, the store closes later at around 10 pm, so its more convenient.

For others who might not know, kingsound also has 2 shops. And like Mingo consists of a main shop which is farther at Golden era, and a closer but smaller store at Dek Faat Arcade (德法廣場).

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 53
Which one, Kingsound or Mingo has a wider range of HPs/IEMs?

Dec 8, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one, Kingsound or Mingo has a wider range of HPs/IEMs?

both has different headphones and iems. and each has its(way of doing business) good and average and not so good.

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #29 of 53
OK, thanks, will drop in both their shops when I find the time..

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #30 of 53
anyone in HK now, able to PM me the price these 2 shops are selling the Westone 3 pls pls?

hey chief! hope u've been well! able to help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back