[IEM] Anyone have experience with the Blessing 2 Dusk and Unique Melody 3DT?
May 23, 2021 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LepakVT

100+ Head-Fier
Let's say that this song would be a reference:

Genre preference heavily leans into electric guitars of all kind: blues, metal, all kinds of rock, you get the picture.

Trying to determine which of these two I should order, or perhaps there is something out there in this price bracket that is better?

Cheers

May 25, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the regular Moondrop Blessing 2 and the UM 3DT, and I am a big fan of the 3DT.
However, listening to this particular song I have to say that the B2 is far more balanced. The instrumental part is also good on the 3DT, but the vocals seriously lack body and volume. They sound like they are coming from a box radio.
The bass guitar has nice body and extension though.
The B2 has a much more even frequency response.
Soundstage is wider on the 3DT and they have a smoother and more natural timbre.
The B2 sounds slightly dry, ever so slightly grainy and has a narrower, more fuzzy stage.

Additionally I find the B2 easier to fit and more comfortable.
In other words - Clear recommendation for the Blessing 2 (Dusk)
You just made me appreciate the B2's strenghts again :wink:

BTW - both greatly benefit from a good cable like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001398172252.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.13974c4d1otSmK

Compared with Chord Hugo 2

May 25, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 5
What's your budget? At work at the moment but I'll be happy to run the current IEM stable through the song when I get home in about an hour. I suspect the Project 4+2 will win out (it is my current favorite all-rounder) but it retails for ~$750.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Let's say that this song would be a reference:

Genre preference heavily leans into electric guitars of all kind: blues, metal, all kinds of rock, you get the picture.

Trying to determine which of these two I should order, or perhaps there is something out there in this price bracket that is better?

Cheers

Hello. I have the Dusk, could not get it to fit my ears, use small eartips. Have put them on marketplace. If you know for sure they will fit, I would get them or save your money and get the Mest or try what I have the Letshouer EJ07M my best IEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back