IE8's - Reply From Sennheiser Ref Fit
Jun 13, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #63 of 67
Sigh.. yeah unfortunately I've wrestled with the idea of selling mine due to fit issues. The sony hybrids work fairly well, but almost none of the tips seal or isolate much and if they do - they won't stay put. I have to constantly push them back in.I've never had such issues with another IEM and fit. I do love their sound, but I've always felt like I might need custom tips for them - and that is very unfortunate.

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #64 of 67
Had my IE8 for a few months now and never got a good enough fit with any of the stock tips. The large double flange were best for me but isolation and comfort were big issues. I think isolation is really important for earphones because they are used a lot in outside noisy locations. I was close to sending them back until I discovered the de-cored shure olives with sony silicone hybrid mod. Improves the isolation 10 fold and are now really comfortable.

Would have been nice to not have to experiment with so many tips for the first few weeks. Great phones anyhow.

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #65 of 67
Anyone having troubles with fit I suggest they try the new comply TX-400 in large size instead of the normal T-400. In this case large doesn't mean diameter it means the tip is longer than normal. It goes a bit deeper in the ear and isolation is fantastic. It's solved my IE8 fit problems completely. Gotta be worth a few quid to try before shelling out on customs right?

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #66 of 67
well personally all I would have liked to see is have the ie8's bore be a few mm's longer those long tips may work on the ie8 since the bore is wide but I remember on the westones it would just completely muffle the music.

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #67 of 67
Mine don't slip out consistently, but from time to time they do. What I have to do is clean my ears/the tips and then they stay put. But yea, can be a pain and a little more maintenance than my other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back