IE8's at HeadRoom (headphone.com)
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #31 of 53
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #32 of 53
No doubt. Indicates to me they are going to fall even more down the road. Or at least be available there for the long haul. They seem to get 10-12 pair every 2-5 days. Really weird how no U.S. based e-tailer has them cheap.

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #33 of 53
at this rate tstarn, your going to have an IEM collection as big as HPA
tongue.gif
I'd jump on this if I wasn't planning to buy a Minibox and try out some UE10s or ES3X customs
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #34 of 53
Yeah, tell me about it. I am good for now. Toyed with the idea of the IE8s (sold off my 716s and iPod 5.5g to finance it), but really not enough time to even listen to them all. And those Turbines are sounding very nice...

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #35 of 53
I'd like to try a dynamic like IE8 or Turbines but want to try customs even more. Maybe later on and hopefully IE8 prices continue to drop.
Still if BAs and Dynamics are anything like electrostatic vs dynamic full sized headphones, I'll probably stick with BAs considering I sold almost all my dynamic headphones
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #37 of 53
thats a really good price, but same with AMP3 after shipping...(without the wait)

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #38 of 53
I e-mailed them to ask them why they're hosing buyers from their own country. On the Canadian version of their site they charge $349 CDN. They should be $275 CDN based on the current exchange rate.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #39 of 53
whats their shipping to the Uk like? I hope I dont get hit with customs etc because i'd stop thinking about ordering them

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I e-mailed them to ask them why they're hosing buyers from their own country. On the Canadian version of their site they charge $349 CDN. They should be $275 CDN based on the current exchange rate.

There's much more than just the exchange rate when bringing products from the US to Canada.

"The products sold to us Canadians come from the Vancouver area warehouses. Thus, they are subject to the fees charged by the CCRA at the border in addition to additional transport fees.

Alot of the stock shipped to the US customers never makes it over the border into Canada. NCIX has a warehouse in the Seattle area so they don't have to pay customs fees both ways."

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #41 of 53
They responded back to me.

NCIX said the $223 USD price was a typo. The price has been corrected to $279 USD which puts it in the same range as the CDN pricing after exchange. They're also wiped out on stock and don't know when they'll be getting more.

Also note:

I haven't called Sennheiser to verify the info but Earphone Solutions informed me that NCIX is NOT an authorized Sennheiser dealer. I tried to get them to price match but they wouldn't. They did offer me 20% off of their $449 USD list price. Headroom.com is still cheaper though.

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #42 of 53
I recieved my set of IE8's from NCIX today. It is my first set of quality IEM's and they're awesome. I recieved them in about a week with no problem at the discounted price.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They responded back to me.

NCIX said the $223 USD price was a typo. The price has been corrected to $279 USD which puts it in the same range as the CDN pricing after exchange. They're also wiped out on stock and don't know when they'll be getting more.

Now you made me feel guilty. No wonder the price was the lowest anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back