ie80 vs. Heir Audio 3ai
Oct 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

supracrazy_tommy

Head-Fier
  I would like to some help with this.  If anyone has tried both these iems.  
I listen to mainly modern music so hip hop/rap/ pop.

I have never bought a CIEM, but the entry level ciem for the Heir look very appealing.  

My choices now are the Sennheiser ie80, IEM Heir 3.ai or go for my first entry level Heir 3ai.

I think the IEM and CIEM for the Heir 3ai is the same, but not exactly sure.  

I would like some suggestions on what route I should go.  Also I have never bought a CIEM; I saw the entry level start at $350, but I hear there are additional cost to that.  How much would I actually spend on the ciem than.  

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 7
I own the IE80s and really enjoy them for the genres you are using. But the 3A should also be a good choice from what I have heard. Not sure as I haven't heard it but I don't see you being disappointed either-way. One advantage of the IE80s though is you can really change the sound signature to 3 different sound signatures without using EQ. So I'd say it has an advantage in that area. The tape mod is very easy to do and easily reversible. Good luck.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
It's when he sees IE80 written anywhere, he can't help himself.
wink.gif

Hey I see you on the TF10 and GR07 threads :wink:.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 7
If you want tight punchy bass with great clarity in music then Denon C300 are recommended over IE80 because Denon offers more bass punch, wider soundstage, great imaging and overall it's very detailed and has mic/remote and extra features on earpiece. But if you want more detailed oriented IEMs with good punchy bass then i will recommend the Sony EX1000, Westone 4, 4Ai, Denon C400 and UE900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back