IE8 tip recommendations? (Not Comply's)
Feb 27, 2010 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Nastywordz

New Head-Fier
I really like the IE8's but the supplied tips just arent doing it for me. I can get a seal with the double flange silicone tips but only for one ear. And I dislike not being balanced. I tried the comply foam tips and the sound was horrible!!
Does anybody have any other suggestions of any tips that might give me a seal and are compatible with the IE8's?

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 17
why did the comply tips sound horrible?  I have just the silicone med tips and to get it sounding balanced I pull on the bottom of my earlobe and while Im pulling I use my other hand to place the earbud in the canal.  And do that for the other ear too.  The only thing I don't like with the regular tips is they can't keep the earwax from getting on the metal caging.  =(

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 17
"Skullcandy tips might work for you."

I lol'ed.

There are plenty of threads related to this. Search my friend.
This doesn't really help at all because we don't know which tips you own and if you're willing to purchase tips online.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 17
monster triple flange tips / monster foam supertips
popcorn.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #7 of 17
I settled on Sony Hybrids for my IE8 (ebay knock-offs as I couldn't actually buy them in uk sony centres :s).

I prefer to wear them down so have the right bud in left ear and vice-versa.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #10 of 17
Sony hybrids are well recommended. And I got a set of the comly Tx-400s and I think they're quite flawed. I recommend the V-moda tips. I got mine off my old V-moda bass freq, and they work well. Plus, you don't have to twist and wrestle the tips in unlike the complys. Someone told me that the hybrids are hard to fit on the earphones. 
If you ever get a tight pair of tips, then try to mod it or make it easier to stick it in the earphones rather than relying on  brute strength. If you notice, the nozzle of the earphones are cylindrical and are sort of glued on to the body. Unlike Shure which has a cylindrical nozzle that terminates at a rectangular base. So basically they're not meant to be twisted. So whatever you do, DO NOT TWIST AND FIT. 
I've heard of people breaking their nozzles or at least loosening them by doing this.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #12 of 17
Hawaii, Shure doesn't produce olives that fit the Sennheisers out of the box. You'll need to remove the core or something. 
If you're considering something other than the foam tips, then I recommend V-moda tips. They're not as nice since they're white, but then they are significantly thicker and more comfortable than the stock sennheiser ones.

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
Hawaii, Shure doesn't produce olives that fit the Sennheisers out of the box. You'll need to remove the core or something. 
If you're considering something other than the foam tips, then I recommend V-moda tips. They're not as nice since they're white, but then they are significantly thicker and more comfortable than the stock sennheiser ones.

Ya thanks Kwan, I tried to just cut the base and it wouldn't fit like you said.  I just removed the plastic core and the foams fit nicely on them and offer a ton of isolation(when the music is playing) =).  But perhaps I should try the v-moda ones you just prescribed =)  Thanx

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #14 of 17
de-core'ing the shure olive tip is easier than one would expect. It literally takes about 5 seconds with a small kitchen/pocket knife. But they do not fit too secure. It feels like they can fall out when hanging from your t-shirt or something.

I de-core the complys, cut about 1/3 off and put it inside my sony hybrid tips. Seems to work well for me

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
de-core'ing the shure olive tip is easier than one would expect. It literally takes about 5 seconds with a small kitchen/pocket knife. But they do not fit too secure. It feels like they can fall out when hanging from your t-shirt or something.

I de-core the complys, cut about 1/3 off and put it inside my sony hybrid tips. Seems to work well for me

The de-cored shures don't feel like they are going to fall out at all with me.  They feel snug.  I guess its a good fit for me and may not for another.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back