IE8 Shock Horror!!!!
Apr 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes you got it bang on my friend that is why i use this tiny cheap amp also. just for the record the dap is a touch 2g not iphone and as above in the quote is the daps headphone out was damaged then would expect to hear that carried on through from the amp but im not. it sounds damaged from the headphone out on the touch, but when run from touch headphone out to amp then from amp headphone out it sounds perfect again. so confusing. and to add to it i just tried the IE8's from the laptop and they sound fine, so must be the ipod touch headphone out, just cant see why when using the amp with it it clears up aswell as when i line out to a stereo??

Try to slowly put in the plug into the 2g touch "one click" at a time, see if eventually you get the good contact. Also make sure any kind of EQ setting is off on the Touch, tho again, that would carry to the amp, but who knows, better check everything
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #17 of 29
its possible that there is static charge built up somehow in the headphone out, try leaving it not connecting to anything overnight and see if its better in the morning. could be also that the mini to mini you are using to connect to the E5 is causing the HP jack to loosen, but perhaps the plug on the IE8 fits less securely than your mini to mini. other than that.. who knows. sure is a strange problem. my powers of diagnosis are failing. perhaps I used them all up last night hey small caps? hehe

oh and it must be left off overnight too if possible, but of course touch cant be turned off, only put to sleep hmm

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its possible that there is static charge built up somehow in the headphone out, try leaving it not connecting to anything overnight and see if its better in the morning. could be also that the mini to mini you are using to connect to the E5 is causing the HP jack to loosen, but perhaps the plug on the IE8 fits less securely than your mini to mini. other than that.. who knows. sure is a strange problem. my powers of diagnosis are failing. perhaps I used them all up last night hey small caps? hehe

oh and it must be left off overnight too if possible, but of course touch cant be turned off, only put to sleep hmm

nah qusp you still got the trouble-shooting magic. good suggestions. truly is a strange problem and at this point if testing each of the components in isolation don't come up with anything then i am at a loss for words. maybe the specific combo just doesn't work well... who knows?

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

It can be turned off ; hold the lock button down for a few seconds and you'll get the option
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #20 of 29
Sounds like a problem with your HP out IMO.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It can be turned off ; hold the lock button down for a few seconds and you'll get the option
smily_headphones1.gif

no it cant; thats not off; thats 'off' thats just deep sleep; almost nothing today can be turned off.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

no it cant; thats not off; thats 'off' thats just deep sleep; almost nothing today can be turned off.

It still says "Slide to Power OFF". And that's what page 19 of the manual says too "turn iPod Touch Completely Off".

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

this is because most technology today is closer to the workings of a computer, and computers rarely need to be turned off. battery's are more efficient constantly running rather than shutting down and re'starting.

however there usually is a completely off option for those that really do want to switch off the device. modern mobile phones are the same, battery life is actually better being left on rather that shutting the phone down and re-booting it in the morning, strange how technology advances.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

No if you hold the sleep button for a few seconds you get a slider which clearly says " Slide to Power Off". That is a complete power off. That is how the iPhone works and I am pretty sure the iPod Touch does too.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

It is not "deep sleep" because it does a full reboot with the apple logo splash screen and all when you hold the power button to turn it on.

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #25 of 29
Suggestions:
As suggested before, turn off all EQ.
Turn player volume completely down
Turn player off
Insert I8 in headphone out
Turn player on, see if noise is present at minimum volume
If no distortion, raise volume very slowly.

Sounds like clipping from max volume based on the OPs description.

May 1, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #27 of 29
I have tried my IE8's straight out of my A818 and the connection is not good at all. I had to use the supplied extension lead to stop the sound cutting out a little, when it moved in the socket.

May 1, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #28 of 29
I would like to point out that I find I need higer volume levels to drive the IE8 than than my HD595s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back