IE8 + Ipod touch 2G = not better
Jan 29, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #31 of 33
^ No, I haven't enabled the bass boost on the ipod touch. I've not felt the need to as I find that there is ample bass from both the TF10 and the IE8 with the EQ set to flat. I've not used a Cowon S9 either, so I can't comment upon its audio quality compared to the ipod touch. I'm satisfied with the audio performance of the ipod touch.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #32 of 33
I would say to first make sure that you have a good seal. Since you stated that you're sure that they aren't fakes.... make sure you have a good seal, the EQ on the iPod isn't messing you up, and that you have high quality songs. Low bit rate songs sound bad on my Trips and I can instantly discern between my 320 kbs recordings and anything below that.

But yea the bass on the iPods aren't that great. You might need to look into an amp to get more bass/power to the IE8s (although I don't know for sure if they are hard to drive or not).

Best of luck.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #33 of 33
Thanks for all of your help!
I just ordered a few tips for Sony from amazon. Hopefully they fit my ear because I don't know what size of my ear canal is. The biggest double-flanges tips from Sennheiser gives me the best performance but I feel a little bit hurt after some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back