IE8 + Compy T-400 wooot!
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mors

100+ Head-Fier
I've had these IE8 for about 2weeks now and I can't stand the design of them, they don't really fit on my ears, I've had no joy with any of the supplied tips, and have been dieing to hear what they are actually like.
I've heard moments of brilliance from them when I've accidentally stumbled upon a seal with home made earplug tips, but it's soon disappeared after getting it.

I decided to order some T-400 comply tips after being told they fit the IE8 (just) to give these IEM's one last shot before selling them.

Oh my days they are brilliant
biggrin.gif
I've finally got seal! I've got E530's (which I love) but these are definitely better to my ears, at everything.

I'd recommend anyone with the IE8 to get some of these tips, even if they are bloody expensive
wink.gif

One small thing though, they fit the IE8, but only just. VERY tight. I don't want to take the tips off lol

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Any IE8 owners looking for Comply T400s, I have a pack of 5 pair, in the packaging, for $17 shipped CONUS. I bought them for my RE2s and/or Nuforce 7s, but gave the former away to my nephew and sold the latter. They are in the for sale section, but PM me if interested.

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 10
i just got my Comply tips today too..for IE7.

even though they fit good and are very soft on ears..the sound was disappointing.

i dont know if i am wearing them properly..but once inside my ear..the music is no more clear as it before was.

highs jus sound dull and vocals become very laid back.

maybe i ll try adjusting them....

also, they are very delicate..trying to remove them can tear them apart.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might have tried this already, but what I do is push them in as far as they go, wait for them to expand and fit then start to gently pull them out little by little until the sound is clearer.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 10
what I do is not insert them as far as they can go but leave a couple mm off of the stem and then compress the foam and just insert in and not push as far as they can go which = a amazing sound quality I do not feel like the foam degrades the sound in all reality because the tube is wide enough to let the sound flow unlike on a se530 or a w3 where the bores are not as big and the sound feels sort of muffled

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might have tried this already, but what I do is push them in as far as they go, wait for them to expand and fit then start to gently pull them out little by little until the sound is clearer.

hey..

i tried that..and yes the experience was better...maybe the tip wasnt opening up properly.

but dont u think this compromises the sound isolation?

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

i just got my Comply tips today too..for IE7. even though they fit good and are very soft on ears..the sound was disappointing.

i dont know if i am wearing them properly..but once inside my ear..the music is no more clear as it before was.

I'm using Comply T-500 sleeves mounted in reversed direction. This way they don't muffle the high frequencies but isolation is still not very good (I've got very wide ear canals). On the other hand this may not be such a bad thing because the bass is still very pronounced and would probably be (much) too much with a perfect seal.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

hey..

i tried that..and yes the experience was better...maybe the tip wasnt opening up properly.

but dont u think this compromises the sound isolation?

I think the complys definitely softened the sound of my TF10's, yeah. But that was an improvement for me, it solved any sibilance problems, however slight they were, and gave the bass a bit more of an impact to go along with the depth it already had. Detail isn't something that really bothers me, so I couldn't tell you whether I lost any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back