IE 800 lover with major problem
Feb 19, 2016 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Ttvetjanu

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey!

I know there are many IE800 lovers here. I would include myself as one but after having owned the earphones for about 4 months I'm noticing I'm using them less and less. My major issue is with the comfort. They just dont stay in my ears when I'm walking. My size is akwardly just between the larger small and the smaller medium tip. The smaller one stays slightly better but the seal breaks often and I still have to keep pushing them in once in a while. Meanwhile the larger tip does seal well, but keeps pushing itself out. Walking with the larger tríps is impossible. Does anyone have a reasonable solution? I've been looking into comply tips but apparently the tips don't quite stay on the earphones. Similarily there are custom tips by LEAR audio, but I haven't really heard anything about them. I'm afraid the tip structure would completely change the way they sound. I think the IE800's hit the perfect soft spot for me with sound. I like the tight but controlled bass (I hated the IE80) and the overall clear sound. Now, is there any reasonable solution for this problem or should I consider selling them and changing for something with a similar sound? I could even consider customs, but the IE800 are definitely at the maximum I'm willing to spend.. My main use for earphones is for commuting and cycling longer rides. I also use the HD 25-1's but those mainly for gym.

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 15
Hey!

I know there are many IE800 lovers here. I would include myself as one but after having owned the earphones for about 4 months I'm noticing I'm using them less and less. My major issue is with the comfort. They just dont stay in my ears when I'm walking. My size is akwardly just between the larger small and the smaller medium tip. The smaller one stays slightly better but the seal breaks often and I still have to keep pushing them in once in a while. Meanwhile the larger tip does seal well, but keeps pushing itself out. Walking with the larger tríps is impossible. Does anyone have a reasonable solution? I've been looking into comply tips but apparently the tips don't quite stay on the earphones. Similarily there are custom tips by LEAR audio, but I haven't really heard anything about them. I'm afraid the tip structure would completely change the way they sound. I think the IE800's hit the perfect soft spot for me with sound. I like the tight but controlled bass (I hated the IE80) and the overall clear sound. Now, is there any reasonable solution for this problem or should I consider selling them and changing for something with a similar sound? I could even consider customs, but the IE800 are definitely at the maximum I'm willing to spend.. My main use for earphones is for commuting and cycling longer rides. I also use the HD 25-1's but those mainly for gym.

Thanks!

Had the same issue before and i tried spinfits. They seal much better for me. Kinda weird, but the stock tips would loosen all the time.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 15
https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-rbasic-silicone-replace-tips-s-m-l?variant=7188729477

I use these tips, both Sound and fit is awesome with them.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 15
Snugs - custom made tips.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 15
  https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-rbasic-silicone-replace-tips-s-m-l?variant=7188729477

I use these tips, both Sound and fit is awesome with them.

Too bad radioshack doesn't ship international.
Snugs - custom made tips.

Edit x 3 Alright, so I'm an idiot. I see it's a custom tip for IE800. What is your personal experience?

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 15
http://www.amazon.com/AUVIO%C2%AE-Silicone-Tips-Cord-Manager/dp/B007Z7YEVC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455873350&sr=8-2&keywords=AUVIO+silicone+replacement+tips

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 15
Tips will fit exactly for only your ears.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #9 of 15
Tips will fit exactly for only your ears

you are quoting on me?

if yes, very much true, I cannot try for others. The reason I prefer these tips is because unlike the spintips, these has large bore and holds very tight on IE800.
Smaller bore on spintips (when compared to stock tips) makes soundstage smaller and overall sound has less impact.

again all these 'as per my ears'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back