ie 80 vs ie8
Jan 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Merlyn

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My Tf10s are dead, looking for an upgrade was considering the ie8s but i am not able to find re-sellers in amazon. They however have the ie80 for about 215 euros. I was planning on getting these. Are they better than the ie8s ? I am not familiar with too much about the audio specs, i just listen to a lot of classic rock/blues/country/jazz and i hate bass amplified iems. i was looking at the shure 215s. Please help.

Also if you guys have any other suggestions. I dont want to spend more than 220 euros.

thanks

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks for the reply. the thing is i really loved my tf10s and i am not sure if the wire or the shells themselves have conked off. i just cannot go back to using lower priced iems. I will try to replace the cable and see or else i will get the ie80s

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 7
If you want huge soundstage with dynamic punchy bass then i will recommend the IE8 and it shows great details in music , fun to listen and very engaging soundsignature. The other IEMs GR07(crisp clear sounding with fairly wide soundstage and tight punchy bass), GR07 bass edition and Denon C300( large dynamic deep tight punchy bass, very wide soundstage, detailed mids, highs) are recommended.

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Guys,

I am confused between the IE 8 and IE 80's? any suggestions....

IE8 is pretty loose sounding.. i mean very bass oriented . Sound dark and mids and highs aren't that appealing... When u take the IE80's it has more controlled bass and a very forward mid range... even highs are great... + the best thing is IE8 and IE80 can transform it to very different animals using a simple tape mod... Where the IE8's will sound like the Stock IE80 and the IE80 will sound Better than Westone 4's in some cases..  so get the IE80's and mod it.. any ways for the price of 400$ expect 3 different IEM's ( 3 in 1 ) :p  a better  investment..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back