Ideas for iPod DIY color?
Oct 24, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 16
how about and black-red-orange-yellow gradient
very_evil_smiley.gif

you using paint? or spray?, krylon?

search for EFN posts as he custom painted his imod and amp.

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about and black-red-orange-yellow gradient
very_evil_smiley.gif

you using paint? or spray?, krylon?

search for EFN posts as he custom painted his imod and amp.

Any ideas welcome, using any method...

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 16
Grip tape.
Skateboard Grip tape.

You can cut it to fit, it's not permanent, and there's no risk of ruining the electronics. Not only that, but you'll never drop it, cause you won't be able to get it off your hand, or out of your pocket.

I saw an iPhone done in it. Looks pretty damn good.

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 16
If you really plan on using a type of paint though, please contact me. I've painted everything from kars, to musical equipment, to older iPods. It isn't safe, and you have to do it proper, or it will look like absolute SH!TE. So, if you're not familiar with using different products or methods, please contact me.

That being said, paint it, and use Ed Roth Metalflake. With about 20 coats of clear. It'll be GORGEOUS.

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #9 of 16
Fusion Mystic Prism by Krylon seems interesting. I've done alot of spraypainting before. Just about all types of surfaces. I'm wondering if vinyl wouldn't just be easier though.

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really plan on using a type of paint though, please contact me. I've painted everything from kars, to musical equipment, to older iPods. It isn't safe, and you have to do it proper, or it will look like absolute SH!TE. So, if you're not familiar with using different products or methods, please contact me.

That being said, paint it, and use Ed Roth Metalflake. With about 20 coats of clear. It'll be GORGEOUS.

what do you know about rubber paint?

I'm thinking about taking me Agent 18 Video Shield and giving it a black rubberized finish.

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

please contact me.

Miss something? ("what do you know about rubber paint?

I'm thinking about taking me Agent 18 Video Shield and giving it a black rubberized finish.")

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Grip tape.
Skateboard Grip tape.

You can cut it to fit, it's not permanent, and there's no risk of ruining the electronics. Not only that, but you'll never drop it, cause you won't be able to get it off your hand, or out of your pocket.

I saw an iPhone done in it. Looks pretty damn good.

This is for a soon to be Imodded iPod to be sitting on top of an amp. So your idea is one I'll have to reject. Thanks for input anyway.

I want the amp to match whatever I end up doing to the iMod....

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 16
oh snap thats what I use to personalize my tools .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back