iDealSound: Very poor service.
Mar 31, 2004 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone else here been in contact with iDealSound since Thursday, March 25th?

I bought a pair of Etymotic ER-6 on Thursday. Paid immediately via PayPal. Should've been shipped Friday (so I'd get it Monday), but it wasn't.

I emailed Paul prior to purchasing the headphones to clarify his return policy. (In response to my email, he fixed his 'About Me' page.)

So I sent him an email Monday afternoon, expressing concern and urging him to ship my package immediately. I leave Thursday morning at 7am for Canada and I wanted the ER-6s on the flight.

It looks like I'm SOL. He hasn't responded to my emails and the package didn't show up today. Has anyone spoken to Paul via email over the weekend? This is extremely disappointing; part of why I chose to purchase from iDealSound was their overnight shipping. Looks like this was a mistake.

- Chris

Mar 31, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 8
I usually don't count on online-checkout-type stores to deliver items on time because they rarely do. If you can talk to a human being, you get much better results. Sorry to hear you didn't get your phones on time
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
I usually don't count on online-checkout-type stores to deliver items on time because they rarely do.

Yeah, that was my mistake. I've learned my lesson...

- Chris

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 8
I can hear you now, "Miss can I please have a pair of airline headphones?"

Sorry man.
280smile.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Chris,

Sorry to hear about the problem with getting your cans shipped. At this rate you might want to just have the payment reversed so that you can take your business elsewhere. Hopefully threads like this get things changed with them. Nothing hugely bad, but it sucks when it happens like it went down with you.

Mar 31, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 8
I'd like to stick up for Paul on this one.

There's not enough detail to know your story from start to finish, and I appreciate that.

However, I contacted Paul last week about a price to ship to the UK. He got back to me the next day (timing issues of living in opposing timezones.) He was very friendly, very helpful and offered what I wanted at a great price. I ordered the goods on Friday (PayPal) and they were sent on Monday morning (timing issues again.)

I don't have the goods with me now, but I would if I wasn't at work. Paul has been in contact firstly to notify me of despatch and then to notify me of my tracking number, and to thank me for shopping with him. DHL tracking shows that DHL UK are in transit to my house (where
frown.gif
I'm not)

I appreciate that I don't have the item in my hands, but that's no fault of iDealSound, who I feel have done more than their share of work and communicaiton.

Having said that, if I get home and they're the wrong phones, I might be back with a change of opinion.

biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, that's strange. I ordered on Thursday and emailed him (twice, using my Yahoo email and eBay's email service) on Monday. No response, no headphones.

- Chris

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 8
An update: Paul got back to me today, finally. He says he was on a business trip that took longer than expected.

He's sending them out on Friday. *sigh* guess I was just a victim of bad timing, but at least he's not pulling a fast one or anything.

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back