Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #49 of 443
If any HD800 owner haven't tried TB Isone you are missing out on so much what these headphones can do. 
HD800 + Isone + Minimal Animal (2002) by Krumelur is pretty insane.
I usually don't listen to psy but this is something else on these cans.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #50 of 443

Quote:
  If I may suggest one more Sound Liaison album;
''Thousand Shades of Blue'' is one of those albums where everything comes together,  music, sound and the sense of being there, present, right in front of the musicians.
My favorite track is Gasoa Blue, telling the legend of Ines and Pedro. But the whole album is a unique listening experience.\

http://www.soundliaison.com/products-from-our-studio-showcase-series/92-carmen-gomes-inc-sss1-flac

Yes that album is also one of my personal favorites.
 And it says mixed with HD800 and AKG 702.
The opening track sets the mood and the audio standard for the whole album;

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #51 of 443
Try the albums from Late Night Alumni. Even Deadmau5's new album, While (1<2), kicks ass.

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #52 of 443
Very nice sounding album.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Sep 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #53 of 443
That reminded me I have this one on CD, with the late great Elvin Jones on drums. Decent recording quality it is too, not fantastic but....good enough. But the music is absolutely marvelous.

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #54 of 443
If you like jazz and you like streaming, check out Sony's Music Unlimited. They have a dedicated Blue Note Records channel.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #55 of 443
Sep 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #56 of 443
  I got these in the mail today and they sound great thru my Wa2 :)

The Shelly Manne Dakatari album sounds great! Thanks for posting.
 Music from the movies and television are the source materials on this compilation. Drummer Shelly Manne's handling of Henry Mancini's themes from Blake Edwards' film Gunn -- based on the Peter Gunn television detective series -- yields an absorbing session that provides lots of open spaces forManne and his quintet. Daktari is purely commercial music from a television series about a veterinarian and conservationist working in Africa. The show ran from 1966 to 1969. Each week, Judy the chimp and Clarence the cross-eyed lion regularly upstaged the humans. The group on 1967's Jazz Gunn (not to be confused with Manne's 1959 release, Shelly Manne & His Men Play Peter Gunn) swings on its own terms, finding innumerable subtleties to explore in Mancini's music. Trumpeter Conte Candoli and saxophonist Frank Strozier play with intense focus and imagination. Bassist Monty Budwig is uncharacteristically prominent, revealing his gifts as a mesmerizing arco player and fluid soloist. PianistMike Wofford comps sagely and solos with elegance and drive. Manne uses his versatile resources and sophisticated rhythmic awareness to deal with time, color, and texture. Throughout, he provides a masters' class in playing the ride cymbal. Daktari is another story. Manne's African inspirations are combined with surf music, pop, and polite touches of rock & roll. The performances could have been executed by any number of hired guns. Still, the 1968 session has its engaging moments, the near sub-sonic throb of Emil Richards' bass marimba being the highlight. Daktari was among the hundreds of commercial dates Manne took in addition to his work as one of the finest drummers in jazz, a founding father of the West Coast jazz scene, and the leader of the all-star house band at the drummer's legendary Hollywood club, Shelly's Manne-Hole.

quote from All Music

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #57 of 443
Album title
MAGNIFICAT
Performer

Publisher

Nidarosdomens jentekor & TrondheimSolistene
Lise Granden Berg, soprano
Magne H. Draagen, organ
Maria Næss, piano
Ola Gjeilo, piano
Øyvind Gimse, artistic director TrondheimSolistene
Anita Brevik, conductor
2L The Nordic Sound

Link: https://shop.klicktrack.com/2l/439809
e-booklet: http://www.2l.no/e-book/2L106.pdf

The MAGNIFICAT is the Virgin Mary's song of praise to God after one of the Bible's greatest wonders: the angel Gabriel visiting her with the message that she is to be the mother of God's son. In his setting composer Kim André Arnesen expresses the feelings Mary must have felt: wonder, devotion, gratitude, joy, humility, hope and compassion. God's selection of an unknown woman living in poverty to be the mother of His son is a bottom-up view of the world if ever there was one – and Arnesen sees the Magnificat as offering support and hope for all people struggling against adversity or in need of strength. MUSICA CELESTIS portrays the ceaseless praising of God by angels in heaven. Aaron Jay Kernis builds his work around a fairly simple melody which he remoulds in a series of variations. The intensely beautiful and mostly barren Hardangervidda mountain plateau inspired Ola Gjeilo to write TUNDRA, while his SONG OF THE UNIVERSAL expresses unabashed optimism, exuberance and poet Walt Whitman's unwavering confidence in our deeper humanity – all through the prism of a big, warm, beating heart. 9.1 Auro-3D + 5.1 SURROUND + STEREO Produced in DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition 352.8kHz/24bit) by Lindberg Lyd, Norway.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #59 of 443
Very happy to contribute to this thread. I will name just a few to start, but these recordings are absolutely flawless to my ears with my 800's and system synergy.

Steven Wilson (crossover Prog) album: The Raven That refused to Sing
Alan Parsons--(crossover Prog/pop rock) Album: A turn of a Friendly Card
Dire Straights--(classic Rock) album: Brothers In Arms (1996 remaster by Bob Ludwig)
Depeche Mode (Electronic, dance, rock, ambient) album: Violator
Pink Floyd (psychedelic Space Rock, Ambient classic rock) album: The Division Bell ( 2011 remaster by James Guthrie and Joel Plant)

These are some of the very best recordings I've ever heard. Very clean.

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #60 of 443
If you have a schitt-load of adult diapers available, listen to "Children of the Sun" from Dead Can Dance's "Anastasis" album on the HD-800.

Omg that or the entire On The Realm Of A Dying Sun album. Sweet lord!! Beautiful with my ARCAM DAC and Burson soloist. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back