iDAC2. Calling 5 Head-Fi'ers. A litte surprise. (page 37)
Jul 8, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #271 of 781
É
  Looks really cool.  Like most folks here, I'd love to know how this new addition to the BB powered ifi family sounds compared to the nano and micro iDSD DACs.  I use the nano + iPurifier at work and the micro iDSD at home with the iUSBPower, Gemini, and Mercury cables.

I have to say that if this new iDAC had been available this time last year, I almost certainly would have bought it instead of the micro!  Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to like about the micro, but the crazy USB type A input is infuriating for someone like me who uses it at home with a nice audiophile USB cable.

If it turns out that this new iDAC sounds a bit better than the micro, I may consider it.  For new buyers, there's only $20 difference in price between the micro iDSD and the iDAC2 + iPurifier, so the iDAC2 will need to be pretty amazing to complete with the feature-rich nano.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

IMO as the pricing point , iDAC2 sound should be a little bit less or equal good as the micro, BUT not better as it only have single chip DAC. The dual chip DAC version will be used for the Pro version (my guess)

I do have the setup same as you at home plus iCAN. I don't A/B test to compare the micro and iDAC2 yet, but in my memory there no different much (if any).

My impression with the iDAC2 out of box is the bass kick harder (in quality). The micro have a lot of mode I haven't test yet, I used the default mode which is Eco mode.

The iDAC2 perfect fit my needs: Good DAC (replace my Fiio E18), have bit perfect mode, direct on when I turn on the computer.

Other feature of the Micro is the Xbass and 3D, for these feature you better get the iCAN for better performance. Btw, if you get the iCAN, IMO you should upgrade it with the iPower (the stock adapter only have 1A, the iPower have 1.5A output)

Cheers.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #277 of 781
1• 6.3mm
2• SMC
3• 3.5mm
4• XLR
Thank you for the opportunity to own such fine audio gear!!!! I will truly be grateful to win this competition. Good luck to everyone!

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #282 of 781
1. 6.3mm
2. SMC
3. 3.5mm
4. XLR

Thanks!

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #285 of 781
1=6.3mm
2=SMC
3=3.5mm
4=XLR

Better late than never!