i'd like to upgrade my marantz, any good cd-players within $1000?
Oct 24, 2002 at 12:32 PM Post #31 of 33
The Rega Planet 2000 is great, especially at its price point. I listened to it yesterday. To my ears, it has non-fatiguing musicality and is simply enjoyable. The Musical Fidelity A3.2 that costs twice as much is cold, clinical and pedantic by comparison. It certainly offers more detail but not as much musical flow and musical pleasure.

Oct 24, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
The Rega Planet 2000 is great, especially at its price point. I listened to it yesterday. To my ears, it has non-fatiguing musicality and is simply enjoyable. The Musical Fidelity A3.2 that costs twice as much is cold, clinical and pedantic by comparison. It certainly offers more detail but not as much musical flow and musical pleasure.

thank u! but first i have to make sure if our local store provide the rega planet. i very much enjoy the "musical flow"!

Oct 24, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
I have this player too, and while it is sonically a great player, a good number of users have reported loud and coarse running transports. Indeed, mine is one of them. In my case it only happens on some redbook discs, but the noise is loud enough to be bothersome at the least, and at other times downright irritating. Luckily, the problem only shows up on a few discs.

I had that issue (noisy transport) with SD9200, a DVD player I used as a source half a year ago, and solved it by damping the transport in critical locations with, uhm, paper. Disassembling the transport was pretty easy and the chances of damaging it seem to be pretty slim if you are the least bit careful and appreciative of the machinery. After opening, softly wiggle the disc holder around a bit to understand what is creating the noise, and then fix it
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back