Ice Cream!
Feb 5, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #31 of 52
While I was away from the computer I snagged a pint of "Dreamery Caramel Toffee Bar Heaven" ice cream. This is premium brand ice cream similar in cost to Ben n Jerry's and Haagen, and has that same rich, fatty flavor that I can't get enough of.

I hear Phish food being mentioned a couple of times....oh man. It's 1AM and I want to hop in my car and drive to Walmart for a pint.

Also, has anyone tried the Ben n Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio? Good stuff too.

I live about 2 miles away from a Cold Stone Creamery, and about 3 miles from a Sheridan's Custard place.

Both are good, I like the selection of flavors from Cold Stone but has anyone noticed that their ice cream has a strange "gummy" texture? I prefer the smoothness of custard but alas Sheridan's only has plain ol vanilla and chocolate. You do get to choose your own toppings tho.

Feb 5, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #32 of 52
Cold Stone Rocky Road

Magnolia Mango ice cream

Magnolia Ube (purple yam) ice cream

I don't have any ice cream in my fridge...
mad.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #34 of 52
Turkey Hill Black Raspberry. YUM!

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #35 of 52
Breyers Orange Creamsicle
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
the best there is!

Feb 5, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #38 of 52
Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy. Only available at the scoop shop. Make a core sundae with Chocolate Therapy, Hot fudge, Chocolate Sprinkles and whip cream...OH MY GOD!!!!!! Chocolate overload.

I love gelato too. I was in italy in the summer and i love how you can get gelato by the pound.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #40 of 52
Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia is an old favorite.

And French and Frosted Mint from Laura Second stores is also my favorite.

I actually prefer making milkshakes using ice cream than eating ice cream itself. I loooove milkshakes

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #41 of 52
My fave is mint choc chip. I am not really bothered by what brand it is as long as it's mint choc chip. Although I have experienced some nastier variations on what that interpretation is suppose to taste like. One of them tasted like washing up liquid...yuck

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #43 of 52
European icecream is much better compared to American. American is more sticky and heavy. European is lighter. I like to combine good old European (especially Balcan style) icecream - both sweet (chocolate, punch, vanilla, etc...) with "sour" (fruit icecreams such as lemon, strawberry, orange...).
The thing I hate about American ice cream is that even the fruit flavoured ones are sweet, not "sweet & sour" like in Europe. I don't really mind frozen yoghurt, but that's something different. And sorbets are not really ice cream either.

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Marble Slab Creamery, hands down. Suprisingly a chain; it doesn't feel like it at all. We're lucky enough to have one here in Asheville. They make everything in the store; ice cream, cones, you name it. The name comes from the fact that they have a chilled marble slab that they place your flavor of choice on, and then add your "Mix-Ins". Fresh fruit, nuts, whatever you want. Even Pop Rocks
confused.gif
They then knead the ice cream like dough with steel things. Absoutely marvelous ice cream.

I agree with you. My parents own a couple Marble Slab franchises and I really like their ice cream. I'm a big fan of amaretto with cherries and chocolate chips.

Also, Graeter's ice cream in Cincinnati is very tasty.

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #45 of 52
Breyers hand dipped cherry vanilla from the lower half of the tub. Jahn's Kitchen Sink was monumentally impressive but there was a bit of a flavor confict when the ice cream started to melt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back