Ice Cream!
Feb 4, 2006 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got back from the Wal Mart with a pint of Haagen-Daaz Coffee ice cream, enjoying it right now.

Whoa.

At the present time I can't imagine a better tasting food.

I want to hear about head-fier's favorite ice creams!

(please include brand and flavor)

Feb 4, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 52
Dewar's Peppermint ice cream. There's one in Bakersfield, CA and I always make it a habit to stop by when i'm in town.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 52
Feb 4, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 52
I dont like ice cream.... I'm probably the only person in thte world who just doesn't care for the stuff.

The only ice cream I had that I did enjoy, was on camping trips my friends brought one of those ice cream makers and we made it from scratch from fresh rasberries.

Garrett

Feb 4, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 52
I am not really that big of an ice-cream fan. However, generic chocolate (Edy's, Breyer's, it doesn't matter) is what I eat on the three or four occasions a year that I do eat it.

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #8 of 52
Plain vanilla with hot choco topping and mixed nuts
evil_smiley.gif

I usually hand crush walnuts, cashew, chestnut, brazilnut, hazel and throw in raisins for good measure...

I dont like pre-flavored ice-cream...

GO DIY ICE CREAM!!!
k1000smile.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I dont like ice cream.... I'm probably the only person in thte world who just doesn't care for the stuff.

No you're not! Absolutely revolting stuff that was designed to be eaten by people with "perfect" teeth. If the sugar doesn't find its way into a filling the freezing cold ice cream plays havoc with sensitive teeth.... I've never had much success with the stuff especially those varieties that have sickly things like "toffee" or "chocolate" mixed through them
eek.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 52
[size=large]Galaxy Triple Chocolate Tempation[/size]

Starts with normal chocolate ice cream

Then has a thick darker chocolate source (always runny)

The has solid lumps of galaxy chocolate.

The best ice cream ever.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 52
No contest for those who wish to taste the quality of the 'cream' rather than the deficiency of the 'chocolate' -- 'french vanilla' or 'pistaccio'. 'Double-chocolate-chip' is a triumph of concept over palate.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by xUKHCx
[size=large]Galaxy Triple Chocolate Tempation[/size]

Starts with normal chocolate ice cream

Then has a thick darker chocolate source (always runny)

The has solid lumps of galaxy chocolate.

The best ice cream ever.

<dances about in agony even thinking about it!>

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
<dances about in agony even thinking about it!>

i see you feel the love, may its a UK thing, and thinking about it what ever happen to the [size=medium]double chocolate magums[/size].

Dark chocolate shell, chocolate sorce (again runny), IIRC another chocolate shell then the chocolate ice cream. These bad boys were around about 4 years back for about 2 months one summer, then gone from everywhere. The only place i found them since was in a cinema in beligium. I had three as i thought i may never get the chance again.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #15 of 52
Haagen-Daaz is great! If only it wasn't so expensive.

In any case, there's this one world-famous, small ice-cream parlour in Florence (Firenze), which made ice cream that was simply out of this world. To die for, literally. No words can describe how good that ice-cream was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back