iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #483 of 600
Mine died after having it for less than 2 weeks. I'm pretty pissed. Going to be without an amp now for god knows how long while I send it back to the store across the country, having thought it was worth it to be able to order something of real quality.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #484 of 600
  Mine died after having it for less than 2 weeks. I'm pretty pissed. 

The iPower? (If so, not surprising. Their 15V seems to have issues, whereas their old 9V seem rock solid)
In the mean time, find another temp wall-wart/PSU that's 9-15V 1.5A.
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #487 of 600
I want to share my experience with Ifi Audio after reporting that my SE died. I bought this amp on 5/31/16 and it worked great up until early Sept.. I contacted Ifi audio the same day and after answering some questions they immediately shipped out a new Ipower 15V. That didn't work so I contacted them again at which point they asked me to send it to their U.S. based tech dept. I received it back in about a week and it is now working perfectly. This entire process took less than three weeks from the first time I reported the issue to getting it back.

I'm quite pleased with the service and love this amp. I would suggest, to Ifi. that they take a close look at the Ipower 15v and consider some other options and or recommend other alternatives, to power this unit, as it appears to be generally problematic. I also want to thank them for their prompt and professional service and fixing my beloved Ican SE.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #489 of 600
iFi Support contacted me within hours of my post. They replaced the power supply and it now works just as well as it did before.

I'm very impressed with the quickness of the response and how fast they delivered the replacement PSU. Good on them for acknowledging the iPower problems and getting replacements to people quickly.

Can't wait to try this with an ODAC! Sounds pretty good with the Dragonfly Black.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #490 of 600
Glad I'm not the only one. I've had mine for nine months and am about to be on my third ipower. It's really annoying how unreliable their products are given how great they actually perform when they work.

Anyone know of a good alternative?

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #492 of 600
So, I ended up buying this power supply in the mean time while I wait for the replacement (and I'll keep it as a backup).  It's the right voltage, plug size, plug polarity, and has enough amperage.  Been working well for a few days now.

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #495 of 600
Hi, still a novice to audio; is the iCan SE continually outputting 4000mW @16ohms regardless of what gain is selected? Thanks!

No.

If your input is a typical 2V peak and you select 0 dB gain, then the output will be 2V peak.

2 x 2 / 16 = 0.25 = 250 mW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back