IC - Ventura County, CA or thereabouts
Dec 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

R_burke

100+ Head-Fier
Are there enough of us in this area to get a meet together?  I'm in Ventura/Oxnard and would love to get together with some people for a listening session.  I can bring my RAM Modified Shanling CD T-100 along with a pair of W5000s and a pair of MDR SA5000s.

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 22
We have a good number of local HF members in the LA area.  However it seems in the past year we have had lots of IC threads that go nowhere.  I would be interested in going to any local meet as usual, but there has been little talk since the last meet about having another one.  One member mentioned having one at a hotel near his house in a few months but I'm not sure if he's still interested in doing that or what the progress is.  Regardless, I'll cross my fingers.

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
We have a good number of local HF members in the LA area.  However it seems in the past year we have had lots of IC threads that go nowhere.  I would be interested in going to any local meet as usual, but there has been little talk since the last meet about having another one.  One member mentioned having one at a hotel near his house in a few months but I'm not sure if he's still interested in doing that or what the progress is.  Regardless, I'll cross my fingers.

Not sure how quick that will happen.  I'm still waiting on something. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 22
Simi Valley, here.  I could always roll my lazy behind over and pack a quick portable rig for a road trip.  If it's near Oxnard, I'd go just to have an excuse to stop by Chick Fil A.  Last Head-Fi meet I went to was Canjam 09, and I remember a few of us, along with a member of the trade or two, took a quaint stroll to a local gentleman's club.  Good times, good times.

Currently building a new amp to replace my SRM-313, so all I can really take is my iBasso D10 and Grado HF2.

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 22
 LA area would be nice but would be willing to drive to Ventura.

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 22
San Diego here, but I would be willing to make the drive if I get the time off from work and if there are some nice setups available. Im a total newb when it comes to experience with HIFI systems, right now my best headphones are my UE triplefi iems out of my computer.... so ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back