IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet
Mar 22, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #226 of 247
+1 for the donation box

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #230 of 247
Mar 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #232 of 247
Just give us your paypal account and setup a donation. I have no problem of paying $10-20 bucks for a nice meet. Will contact my headfi friends in school to get all the gears they have:p Although I am new to this community, I kind of having a lot of junks at my house. I will try to bring as much things but as possible, but I guess most of the stuff I can bring is IEMs and Headphones. Maybe some nice high quality recordings too~~~ I will PM after I have confirmation from my friends

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #234 of 247
Quote:
Donation box is needed, no way you should be the one footing the bill for all of us. I live near the location and can help you out with organization.

What about setting up a PayPal account for contributions, and should funds exceed costs then those additional funds could be put towards door prizes, draws etc.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #235 of 247
Quote:
No way are you footing the bill for the entire event. Donation box is a MUST

Agree 100%. Fair is fair. One person paying for everything is definitely not fair!

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #236 of 247
No way are you footing the bill for the entire event. Donation box is a MUST

Agree 100%. Fair is fair. One person paying for everything is definitely not fair!

Whoever said $10 is too much certainly doesn't own much headphone gear.

I'm will to ay up to $30 but I think a mandatory fee of at least $10 admission is necessary.

I don't feel like bringing all my expensive gear just so freeloaders can use it. I put money into my gear, and I plan on putting money into the meet, it should be fair that others feel the same way, and I know many owners of many thousands of dollars worth of gear would agree.

At least $10 admission.I say it should be mandatory. I even plan on tipping charliex, merkill, and greyhorse for the effort, and gear that's being put forth.

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #237 of 247
All:

Thank you for all the offers for donations to the meet.  While there is more than one way of looking at entry fees, I will still stick with no entry fee but will gladly accept donations to help cover the costs.  This seems to be the most popular way of handling money for these meets, and I haven't heard of any issues for doing so.

I am looking at PayPal for handling donations, but are there any drawbacks for using it?  I pay with PayPal all the time, but have never had to recieve money.  Thanks for any input.

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #238 of 247
Quote:
All:

Thank you for all the offers for donations to the meet.  While there is more than one way of looking at entry fees, I will still stick with no entry fee but will gladly accept donations to help cover the costs.  This seems to be the most popular way of handling money for these meets, and I haven't heard of any issues for doing so.

I am looking at PayPal for handling donations, but are there any drawbacks for using it?  I pay with PayPal all the time, but have never had to recieve money.  Thanks for any input.

I think it would be better to just set up a donation box on the registration table (we need one to prevent passerby or random people getting in) and those who want to pay using paypal just pm greyhorse for details. 

I guess the date is final May 4 and i hope doesnt get move anymore.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #239 of 247
I'd like to make a suggestion.  Maybe we can have an auction at the end, for anyone who has something to sell, and a portion of each sale can go towards covering the costs of the meet.

I personally have a few small/portable headphones that I could part with, also cables and parts of headphones that someone else can make use of.  Instead of paying taxes and shipping, 10%  may go toward the organizers.

What do people think about this idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back