IC: Ontario, Quebec, Eastern Canada and Northern US meet! In Montreal!
Jan 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's actually kind of confusing, I heard about an "Eastern Canada" meet elsewhere and thought they were talking about an actual meet in Eastern Canada, you know, those provinces on the east coast? New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland... :p

Eastern Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 49
Actually, elnero brings up a good point. Back when I was living in Vancouver, we all knew Torontoians think of Toronto as the centre of the country :p

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 49
I'd like to be there too. I don't have much more equipment since then but I'd bring my RS60, DT770 and hopefully my cased Mini³.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #20 of 49
Lets keep the thread and the idea alive!

This meet will be held even if there are only headfiers from montreal and around, but the point of this is to make a BIG meet, with people coming from outside the province (and hopefully, the country), to bring up interesting gear and stories!

Since the idea is to bring as many foreigners as possible, I think we should plan this as far as possible of any Toronto, Quebec city, or even New-York meet. So, please, foreign headfiers, give us a timeframe that would suit you (and your friends
biggrin.gif
) the best for a central meet.

Please, also foreigners, tell us if you would be willing to come at certain dates but not on others, so that we can settle on a specific date as soon as possible to arrange traveling and stay for people who come from outside of town.

Please tell your friends also!

Also changed the name again to be even more explicit...

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 49
I Would be interested in joining always up for a fun road trip and to see other gear I don't have much at the moment but i'm sure i will have more by then. Hope to see this turn out to be an successful event.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #23 of 49
Hey Guys, Maybe since we are a very wide country, we should be calling it a "Central Canada", North East US meet..
BikeBoy, putting it on the same weekend as the Montreal audio show sounds like a great idea. An issue might be availablity of rooms. What would be really cool, would be if somehow we could get a tie-in with the actual show, and get it under the banner of HeadFi or something like that.. Of course we'd have to get permission from the owner of HF.. It would be a very cool way to promote HeadFi and the Headphone culture..

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys, Maybe since we are a very wide country, we should be calling it a "Central Canada", North East US meet..
BikeBoy, putting it on the same weekend as the Montreal audio show sounds like a great idea. An issue might be availablity of rooms. What would be really cool, would be if somehow we could get a tie-in with the actual show, and get it under the banner of HeadFi or something like that.. Of course we'd have to get permission from the owner of HF.. It would be a very cool way to promote HeadFi and the Headphone culture..

It would definitely be cool if somebody took the time to do that, but one thing to consider is that the attendance to Montreal headphone meets is usually pretty low, 10-11 persons at most and the "regular crew" consists of 5-6 guys. The hifi show in Montreal is attended by thousands of people, so I'm not sure they'd take our community very seriously, but the only way to know is to try.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #25 of 49
I was on the phone with Omer the owner of Oz Enterprises and mentioned to him to tie in with his opening a B&M that we could have the Eastern Canada Upper USA event at his store. I brought it up and he was agreeable to the idea. Any body want to think about this idea? He will be opening March 1, but he may be open earlier than Grand opening. He said he was at the last Ottawa one a few years back and he said he thinks he could easily accomdate how many fiers may turn up.

B
beerchug.gif

Below is link to web page pointing to some FUBAR stuff. :)
OZ Enterprises

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #28 of 49
Having the meet in Ottawa isn't a bad idea, since it might attract more Toronto headfiers than a Montreal one (and it's not far from Montreal so we can do some covoiturage). How would we arrange something at the shop you mentionned? Do we have to give a very precise number of attendants, the gear we'll bring, that kind of stuff? And what kind of room will he have to share with us, and at what times?

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #30 of 49
Toronto is the center of the country, what are you guys going on about?
tongue.gif

I'm in depending on when it is. Won't be able to bring my source or amp unless someone else from the Toronto area feels like carting me around. My girlfriend, Rachel, might be interested in coming as well since she went to McGill and has friends out that way.

I've yet to see Montreal, which I'm told is a crime. I hear the strippers are great!
biggrin.gif
[confirmed by Rachel]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back