IC: Meet in the Middle
Mar 16, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #61 of 76
Just a tip I realized Big Poppa: You might want to include the names of the cities in the thread title if you make a new thread (I.E. Meet in the Middle [Seattle-Portland]) or something similar so people know the locale you're talking about.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #62 of 76
  Just a tip I realized Big Poppa: You might want to include the names of the cities in the thread title if you make a new thread (I.E. Meet in the Middle [Seattle-Portland]) or something similar so people know the locale you're talking about.

For new locations yeah, we have been here a few times. the address is on the first post.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #63 of 76

For new locations yeah, we have been here a few times. the address is on the first post.

I think he meant the title for this thread. "Meet in the Middle" is really ambiguous (middle of the USA? Middle Earth?) and people might not even bother looking here if the location isn't mentioned in the title.

Maybe having "IC: Seattle-Portland Meet" as the title would get more views and replies here rather than mostly Seattle folks who know you. I posted this thread in the Portland thread that Sheldon mentioned, so hopefully that will channel some interest here too.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #65 of 76

I think he meant the title for this thread. "Meet in the Middle" is really ambiguous (middle of the USA? Middle Earth?) and people might not even bother looking here if the location isn't mentioned in the title.

Maybe having "IC: Seattle-Portland Meet" as the title would get more views and replies here rather than mostly Seattle folks who know you. I posted this thread in the Portland thread that Sheldon mentioned, so hopefully that will channel some interest here too.

'Meet in the Middle" was the name of the original meet in the middle of Seattle and Portland. We need more peeps from Portland to chime in. Am more than willing to put this together. Sounders are chomping at the bit to come down. I know the OLY guy is mad at me..lol coughlabrowncough.......

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #66 of 76
'Meet in the Middle" was the name of the original meet in the middle of Seattle and Portland. We need more peeps from Portland to chime in. Am more than willing to put this together. Sounders are chomping at the bit to come down. I know the OLY guy is mad at me..lol coughlabrowncough.......

Right, but for those who are not familiar with that meet from over 5 years ago, "Meet in the Middle" probably doesn't ring a bell and old timers might not remember it.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #67 of 76
It is OK, you can't hold everybody's hand
beerchug.gif
. Just gather the masses!

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #68 of 76
I often search the meets and local get-togethers forum by city name or state name.  So having the primary local city name(s) and the state name(s) in the tile would help get the thread noticed by people who search that way.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #70 of 76
Seems we have quite a few Portland dudes around but no cohesiveness, and therefore, no meet.  We need one leader to gather the tribes and I can help but can't be the primary organizer.  Echo Audio would be a good location other than the downtown parking mess. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #71 of 76
Fwiw I agree with the request of the name of the thread to include our location. Meet in the middle could mean anything. I would like to go to a Portland or in the middle meet so long as there is a decent turn out.
Also if we put the meet in our sings it may attract more ppl. But it needs to have a location in the title.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #72 of 76
The location will be set when we have enough peeps to set the date at the venue. It depends what venues are available on desired dates.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #73 of 76
I recently joined and found the thread.  I'll throw myself in with the Portland crowd though I'm down south actually (Albany).

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #74 of 76
Subscribing.
I stopped doing the Seattle meets because living in Hood River, that meant a whole weekend commitment.
Meet in the middle seems like it would be doable as a day trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back