IC: LA/SoCal Regional Spring Meet, March 22, 2014
Oct 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #61 of 80
If you guys are taking suggestions on Venue you should consider some of the hotels near the Ontario airport. Airfare and hotel rates tend to be cheaper that way and its very central when you consider Sandiego and LA folks into the mix. Also WAY less traffic.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #62 of 80
The Newport Beach Hilton be another good choice. You can walk from John Wayne airport. That's completely avoiding the need for rental cars. The cab ride to the beach is only $12 giving the wife something to do. And they are four of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, not endless strip beaches like Huntington Beach, they are beaches with real character.

I ditched my Beachhouse in Marina Del Rey and Venice, for the OC. It's really nice down here. I'm two blocks from the beach, and certainly we can host some sort of meet here.

I also have a weekly producer meeting down here and we've got a perfectly good space for that.

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #63 of 80
that right,You can probably carpool with HiFiGuy528 or mikemercer. I imagine that both of them will be coming down for the meet.thanks
aeAqdO

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #65 of 80
Sorry guys in the last meet that was held there was a lovely platform that the ALO Studio Six was sitting on. does anyone know the brand? 

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #66 of 80
I can't wait for this meet.  I've literally been frothing at the mouth to demo some of this equipment.  

Question though: is it okay that I bring my own headphones? I know this might sound selfish, but I don't want to let others demo them for hygenic reasons...

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #67 of 80
Don't feel bad, some of my Edition 9 ultras ones...get sort stinky from everyone demoing them. Though I think it came down to a woman friend of my GF... ANYHOW, ULTRASONE REPLACED THE DRIVERS AND EAR PIECES GRATIS! Talk about great customer service... I explained how I always demo them...and couldn't really demo them anymore....because...welllllllll......yuck. So now they are as good as new again.

What you could do is buy a new pair of socks and " wrap your ear donut cushions"..... Chances are... Someone else will have your headphones anyway.... Just bring an attitude of "I'm on a quest for authentic natural sound of real musicians in real space".

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #69 of 80
Sorry guys in the last meet that was held there was a lovely platform that the ALO Studio Six was sitting on. does anyone know the brand? 

Tranquility base XL

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #70 of 80
This meet sounds fun. Hopefully I would have slightly different gear by the time this rolls around. Hopefully that [amp] will be more monstrous!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back