IC: Edmonton, Alberta
Sep 11, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #76 of 160
Hello, all! Sorry to be out of the loop for a while. ABathingApe just reminded me that there was a meet coming up pretty fast. I do believe that the 19th is a perfect time for one. There is a chance that I will be in the Mountains that day, but I am trying to push that trip off a day or two. I have a small selection of mid-fi gear, including a Grado SR-325is (the I'd like to A/B with ABathingApe's HF-2!), a Shure SRH-840 as well as a LD 1+ amp, if desirable. I'm in the process of double checking my schedule, but very much would like the chance to inspect some awesome gear and meet you fine folks. Cheers, Vince
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #80 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, all! Sorry to be out of the loop for a while. ABathingApe just reminded me that there was a meet coming up pretty fast. I do believe that the 19th is a perfect time for one. There is a chance that I will be in the Mountains that day, but I am trying to push that trip off a day or two. I have a small selection of mid-fi gear, including a Grado SR-325is (the I'd like to A/B with ABathingApe's HF-2!), a Shure SRH-840 as well as a LD 1+ amp, if desirable. I'm in the process of double checking my schedule, but very much would like the chance to inspect some awesome gear and meet you fine folks. Cheers, Vince
smily_headphones1.gif

I, for one, am very much interested in hearing your 840 with the I+, Vince. I'll be bringing my portapro, T44, and M50s along with compass and another hybrid amp. No word on the hfi-650 or my HF-2 just yet.

On another issue: has anyone here managed to take advantage of the 30+% discount via LiveSearch for ebay purchases? Offer seems restricted to US residents?

d.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #81 of 160
I should be good for the 19th.
HF-2's are here and broken in.
Anyone interested in hearing a low end vinyl rig??? JVC turntable from ~92' with a phono pre-amp that's still on the bread board. It actually sounds quite nice for what it is.

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #83 of 160
Bad news I may not be able to make it, my parents may be down in Calgary to check out my place this Saturday. I'll keep you guys updated once I know more.

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #84 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad news I may not be able to make it, my parents may be down in Calgary to check out my place this Saturday. I'll keep you guys updated once I know more.

You can make it
smily_headphones1.gif

*crossing fingers*

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #85 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

better still, bring your parents along ... headphones aren't only for the young ... now, where did i put my cane?
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #86 of 160
Hahaha, no they're coming down to Calgary on the weekend so I should probably be there
smily_headphones1.gif
. I haven't talked to them in a few days so this is still not confirmed yet and I will update the thread as it unfolds.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #88 of 160
Well in my dorm living room I do have 10 power outlets
smily_headphones1.gif

I still may be able to come I'll update tomorrow

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #89 of 160
An EDMONTON/CALGARY thread! ZOUNDS! I simply must know: anybody here a DIYer?

EDIT: I'm actually attending the U of A for University; Would it be at all possible for me to be an attendee at this most prestigious of events?

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #90 of 160
Absolutely, you can come. The more, the merrier. Only one day left, everyone!

Oh, and I'm a DIYer. What you're about to witness is someone who needs to build a BantamDAC in a day. Will he do it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back