IC: DFW meet #2. (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Dec 17, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #61 of 112
OK, I finally got schedule things worked out and I'm coming. That means, most likely:

Cans: Senn HD595 (120ohm), HD555 (50ohm), HD280, PXC 250, HD497, PX200; Audio-Technica ATH-A700; Koss KSC-35, KSC-55.

Amps: Headroom Desktop with Home module and Home DAC; Headsave Classic (1st gen) with OPA627; a PIMETA with AD86x0; Xin SuperMicro v6.

Sources: Probably a PowerBook with a Sonica and an Airport Express; 3rd gen iPod. Maybe a CDP if I'm feeling ambitious.

Anybody bringing a Benchmark DAC1? I'd really like to hear one...

Dec 18, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #62 of 112
SunByrne: I added all of your gear.
smily_headphones1.gif

On side not we have another pair of HF-1's coming.
tongue.gif

-Alex-

Dec 23, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #64 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
K701's no longer coming sadly.

So what "dream" headphone will replace them?

Hell or high water, I'm going. I will be out of town for buisiness until the 6th. Which mean an early Saturday five hour drive for me. So please excuse my early absence. Would showing up around twelveish be okay?

You can add a Larocco Audio Headcode Dm to the list for all that didn't hear at the last DFW meet.

Dec 23, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #65 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
So what "dream" headphone will replace them?

Hell or high water, I'm going. I will be out of town for buisiness until the 6th. Which mean an early Saturday five hour drive for me. So please excuse my early absence. Would showing up around twelveish be okay?

You can add a Larocco Audio Headcode Dm to the list for all that didn't hear at the last DFW meet.

The L3000's are on their way!
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #66 of 112
I was hoping to have my recabled DT880's by then, but it's not going to happen
frown.gif
Meier can only do standard post which takes two weeks, and they're not being sent to me (getting recabled first). Oh well, looking forward to hearing all the gear.
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #67 of 112
Well I might as well say that since I fixed the L3000 driver I also transplatened them into a pair of Aiwa headphones until I get my custom headphone done. They will also be joining us for the meet. I will call them the AK3000
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Alex-

Dec 26, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #68 of 112
da_burl, if you're serious about the modding, i'd appreciate any help i could get with my KSC75s. theres a faulty contact in the right driver and being that they're 20 dollar headphones, i'm too lazy to send them back for repair.

Dec 26, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #69 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
da_burl, if you're serious about the modding, i'd appreciate any help i could get with my KSC75s. theres a faulty contact in the right driver and being that they're 20 dollar headphones, i'm too lazy to send them back for repair.

I will take a look at them at the meet if you want.

-Alex-

Dec 26, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #70 of 112
great! thanks a bunch.

Dec 27, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #72 of 112
Sorry to bring up questions on the IEM's then drop out of the conversation. I'm switching over my home Internet service to fiber and I only have access at work for right now...

I really wasn't sure what the protocol might be for trying out an IEM that belongs to someone else. Since several pairs are on the gear list I assumed it was normal to try them though. I was just thinking foamies for sanitary reasons, since they are cheap enough to just throw away when you are done.

Anyway, a pair of IEM's is at the top of my list right now so I'm hoping this will help with the decision on sound quality even if the foamies won't really help me judge comfort. If any of you guys bringing a pair would rather not lend them out, I won't be offended in any way though.

-Chris

Dec 29, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #73 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by iScream
Sorry to bring up questions on the IEM's then drop out of the conversation. I'm switching over my home Internet service to fiber and I only have access at work for right now...

I really wasn't sure what the protocol might be for trying out an IEM that belongs to someone else. Since several pairs are on the gear list I assumed it was normal to try them though. I was just thinking foamies for sanitary reasons, since they are cheap enough to just throw away when you are done.

Anyway, a pair of IEM's is at the top of my list right now so I'm hoping this will help with the decision on sound quality even if the foamies won't really help me judge comfort. If any of you guys bringing a pair would rather not lend them out, I won't be offended in any way though.

-Chris

I guess just PM the owner and make sure its ok with them.

-Alex-

Dec 29, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #74 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Please just remind me to bring one of my soldering irons.
tongue.gif

-Alex-

Hey I'll bring some of my stuff too. I just realized I live very close to the library, I drive by it every day on my drive to work! Probably would be 10 min. except for the "Highway 121 project"
rolleyes.gif

Equipment update (after all, it was Xmas)

HD 595's
Ety 6i's
IRiver H120

Probably be making up some interconnects when my silver coated teflon from ebay and techflex from Parts Express comes in.

I had one thought, maybe Alex is way ahead of me on this one, but if people could throw in a power strip or two to their collection that would probably come in handy! I'll bring in a couple.

Dec 29, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #75 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by da_burl
Hey I'll bring some of my stuff too. I just realized I live very close to the library, I drive by it every day on my drive to work! Probably would be 10 min. except for the "Highway 121 project"
rolleyes.gif

Equipment update (after all, it was Xmas)

HD 595's
Ety 6i's
IRiver H120

Probably be making up some interconnects when my silver coated teflon from ebay and techflex from Parts Express comes in.

I had one thought, maybe Alex is way ahead of me on this one, but if people could throw in a power strip or two to their collection that would probably come in handy! I'll bring in a couple.

Yea I was planning on bringing a few.
smily_headphones1.gif
I added your gear.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back