IC: DFW meet #2. (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Dec 14, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #46 of 112
The AKG K701's will now be joining us.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Alex-

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #47 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardbop
I might be able to come. Are any other Houstonians planning on attending?

I'm officially still a "maybe"...
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #50 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
If it's what I think it is, Alex, then I definitely want a chance to hear them.
smily_headphones1.gif

There are 2 different "it" headphones!
eek.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #51 of 112
Hmm, I'm surprised I didn't see this before. Count me in. I can also be there early to help setup.

List of gear I can bring:

AKG K1000
Grado SR-225
Koss KSC-35

Sophia Electric Baby
RWA Clari-T (if it gets back from Vinnie on time)
RWA Reali-T (same as above)
GoVibe V3
RA-1-alike

Bundle of ratshack cables

Dec 15, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #53 of 112
I'd like to make it, if nothing drastic happens between now and then
etysmile.gif

I have:

Allessandro MS-2's (HD414 bowls)
KSC-75's
DIY "Sub" Gilmore, DIY PS
Rio Karma 20G's (x2) (docks and IC)
Samsung YP-F1Z
Possibly another homebrew meta42 like amp (depending on me putting it in a case by then)

I could bring a PC sound source with an E-MU 0404 and a buttload of lossless and lossy muzak
(currently 0404 is unmodded, but I could get busy between now and then)
orphsmile.gif

Dec 16, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #55 of 112
I plan to be there early enough to help out with any setup as well.

Do we have enough source equipment lined up? I'm bringing a laptop and I'll make sure it has foobar installed at the least. I could throw a couple cheap DVD players in the truck with me if there would be a use for them.

How do we handle trying out IEM's at an event like this? I'd be willing to order a couple sets of foam tips if it would help...

-Chris

Dec 16, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #56 of 112
Cool. I'll bring my soldering iron, duct tape, wd40, and a hammer too. Maybe we can do some modding
etysmile.gif

Dec 16, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #57 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by da_burl
Cool. I'll bring my soldering iron, duct tape, wd40, and a hammer too. Maybe we can do some modding
etysmile.gif

Hammer is for the skipping CD players?

Dec 16, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #58 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by iScream
I plan to be there early enough to help out with any setup as well.

Do we have enough source equipment lined up? I'm bringing a laptop and I'll make sure it has foobar installed at the least. I could throw a couple cheap DVD players in the truck with me if there would be a use for them.

How do we handle trying out IEM's at an event like this? I'd be willing to order a couple sets of foam tips if it would help...

-Chris

I honestly have no clue how we will do the IEM's. Alcohol + rubber tips?

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #59 of 112
Well, I have about 17 pairs of so of unused Shure medium foamies and a few unused ER-6 foamies on me that I can sell at cost (~$2 a pair), if people want to try IEMs with foamies. I don't think they're too cleanable, unlike the rubber/silicone tips. That should cover the ER-4's, ER-6's, and all Shures, cept for E2s. Though what you'd do with the foams afterwards, I don't know.

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #60 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
Well, I have about 17 pairs of so of unused Shure medium foamies and a few unused ER-6 foamies on me that I can sell at cost (~$2 a pair), if people want to try IEMs with foamies. I don't think they're too cleanable, unlike the rubber/silicone tips. That should cover the ER-4's, ER-6's, and all Shures, cept for E2s. Though what you'd do with the foams afterwards, I don't know.

I guess that works since thats about how much they cost. I will bring mine with the tri-flang and bring a bottle of 99.9% alcohol for people to use. I will also bring some foamies for people of all sizes at I guess $2 each. All of them are new so if people don't want to use tri-flanges then can just get the foamies. For the most part like last meet no one tried one anothers IEM's.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back