IC--DC/NoVa May/June Meet
Mar 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

mralexosborn

Headphoneus Supremus
We should have another meet. Like tme110 mentioned on the impressions thread, someone was talking about a better venue but I don't recall what it was. There was mention of power outlets for each table, that's all I remember. 

I was thinking mid May or early June before people start on vacations and such. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 24
2nd week of june works for me :)

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 24
Do you guys think it is possible for us to get ~30 people? The aforementioned room is for parties of 30, or so it says. I would want to "waste space" with just 15 of us. 

EDIT: 2nd Saturday of June (11th) is impossible for me. Graduation at my high school, thus I am obliged, as a member of the band, to play. 3rd Saturday or 2nd Sunday?

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 24

Quote:
Do you guys think it is possible for us to get ~30 people? The aforementioned room is for parties of 30, or so it says. I would want to "waste space" with just 15 of us. 

EDIT: 2nd Saturday of June (11th) is impossible for me. Graduation at my high school, thus I am obliged, as a member of the band, to play. 3rd Saturday or 2nd Sunday?

I would prefer to do Saturday, but if people much rather prefer Sunday I could probably swing it. Regarding the 30 people, is that just estimating people sitting in chairs? You have to take into account that most people will have a sizable amount of equipment (hopefully). Judging by the number of responses on this thread I think getting thirty people would be a stretch. 

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #11 of 24
Okay, I just wanted to get some opinions before I decide to reserve a room. 

Sizeable amount of equipment? I think I will bring my whole setup this time around. I have my receiver, Stax adapter, SR-404, Gamma1, TT, desktop, and speakers if I think it's a good idea. 

Also, since there is more time to plan I was thinking maybe have it better organized in some way. Also having snacks would be a good idea this time around if people don't mind food in the same room as the equipment. Any ideas or suggestions? I will take the initiative and reserve the room for the 18th of June. I think 1-5pm sounds good again.

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #12 of 24
Date and time sound good. As far as I can tell 2.5 months in advance I will be there. At the moment I will be bringing LCD2, Senn HD600, amb gamma2, amb beta22, and bottlehead crack. I am hoping to also have the amb alpha10 complete by then, plus any other acquisitions that happen between now and then
cool.gif

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #13 of 24
boo. I can't do Saturdays, life in retail sucks.

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #15 of 24
you can't come to a meet just because you have graduation?  misplaced priorities!                           I think more people will get interested once things are set and then as we get closer.  Did we have a 15 person room before? If so, then I don't think a 30 person room should be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back