IC--DC/NoVa May/June Meet
Apr 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #16 of 24
Sunday's typically work better for me but I can be very flexible.

If you want to have snacks and stuff you or someone should just make a decision to do it - I'd guess not many people would 'vote' on it.  It's unlikely that I'd bring anything but I'd be happy to pitch in some money.  Can you eat in these rooms?

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 24
I wouldn't mind pitching in the majority since I am arranging it. I don't know what people would want though. Celery sticks? XD 
Seriously, any suggestions?

They are closed on Sundays. Currently the date is set at June 18th (1-5pm). 

This is going to be a FPITA to bring my gear but hey I need to make up for the utter disappointment that was my setup last time, right?

I just sent a request for the room. 

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 24
This is a library right? You should check to make sure food is allowed before trying to round up volunteers. 

As far as food the easiest thing to do is probably go to Costco and pick up a case or two of drinks and some platters of food - vegetables and dip, wraps, etc. I think if we have 15+ people and everyone threw in 5 bucks or so that would be plenty. 

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 24
Yes food is allowed, I am not a total imbecile. It says refreshments are allowed as long as everything is cleaned up. It doesn't mention anything else regarding food or drink. Good idea as far as Costco goes. I'll probably do that. 

It says Customer Reservation for 1-5pm. I made the reservation yesterday, so I am not sure whether or not that is us. I will call tomorrow. I should get a confirmation tomorrow since they are closed today (Thursday). 

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #22 of 24
XD

If I cannot go (not very likely) you are in charge! I think I will get a Chick-fil-a platter as far as food goes. Wraps? I think so since they are more cleanly than sandwiches or nuggets. All for? All opposed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back