iBasso Website down (?) 5th Jan 2012
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
I dont know if its just an issue with trying to access the site from Australia or whether something nasty has once again befallen the site. Hopefully not this gem:

http://isc.sans.org/diary/Lilupophilupop+tops+1million+infected+pages/12304

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing their site ?

http://www.ibasso.com/

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 16
Fine here in the USA. Just logged in to look at the T5 I have on the way.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 16
Damn - looks like the NSA have been messing with my proxy server again  !  :wink:

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'll try again when I find my tinfoil hat.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 16
Avast! is reporting a trojan infection (js:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]) and has blocked me from visiting iBasso's site for about a week now. I did a global virus search a few days ago and most antivirus search engine clear iBasso except for one. That makes two antivirus that report trojan on iBasso.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
Avast! is reporting a trojan infection (js:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]) and has blocked me from visiting iBasso's site for about a week now. I did a global virus search a few days ago and most antivirus search engine clear iBasso except for one. That makes two antivirus that report trojan on iBasso.

Bingo - I'm using Avast! - time to reconsider my options. Thanks for that.

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 16
I had an issue accessing ibasso yesterday, but it worked again after a few minutes.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 16
I can get there now, but my browser is quiet slow on the initial page load. I reckon that is when the Russian (Chinese ?) mob is scanning my browser cache and cookies for any sign of internet banking details. Fortunately, as a member of Head-Fi, I rarely have any money.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 16
Interesting - ibasso.com seems to have been hijacked (abandoned) without any attempt to redirect customers to ibasso.info .....

Big thanks to rubrick for the link - was a bit stunned to see this ancient thread redirected. 2 years is an eternity in cyberspace  :wink:

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #15 of 16
This is a little strange.  I went to order from ibasso the other day and the site wasn't there.  Then I found this thread and went to the ibasso.info site.  This morning I went to the .info site to order and it didn't go thru.  when I looked at the web address it said www.sandbox.paypal.com.  Wondering if it was fake and just took my information.  

Anyways I then went to ibasso.com and it's back up.  Placed my order and it went thru without problems.  

Certainly hope I am not going to be an identity theft victim.  :p  

Better change the password.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back