ibasso T4 or Meier HEADSIX
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CooLy_oNE

100+ Head-Fier
Hai...I got no experience at all at portable amp..I want to buy my first Amp...I will be using it with my IEM about impedance of 50??

My budget is less than $200...I found ibasso T4 and meier HEADSIX give me the most reasonable price...which one is better?Any comment, review, comparison, or suggestion will be very helpfull...

Thank you

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no experience for both, but I am using ibasso d2 boa
if your bugdet is less than $200, why not go for a d2 boa.
it works great with my iem and desktop setup.
it also depends on what your iem is.

They say the T4 is in between the D2 and the D3 in terms of SQ.

i would say unless he needs a DAC, the T4 would be the better choice.

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 11
AS a owner of T4 and 3MOVE (same amp section as HeadSix), I'll make an educated guess and say HeadSix has better SQ than T4.

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 11
But the corda use only batere and T4 can be recharged through USB..Anyway..how to order corda? Is D2 boa better than T4?and I see 2 ibasso D2 on the website, is it only color difference?
Anyway..D2 is also a DAC, does listening throuch DAC much better than directly from computer?..but can I only use it as an amp?

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 11
I also had a D2 Boa, and the XXS and T4 trumps it IMO.

The D2 is both a headphone amp and DAC, so it takes either input from USB when connected to computer (ie using the DAC function) or just a normal 3.5mm input (ie using it as a headphone amp). T4 and XXS do not take USB inputs, thus are not DACs and are only normal headphone amps.

If you plan on listening from computer all the time, then why not consider getting a proper desktop dac/amp combo like a Zero? Much better performance for the same amount of money (Provided you don't need to lug it around). http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...re-amp-269458/

Don't worry about the XXS charging. Just get a single rechargeable 9V battery and keep using it (I got a 280mha one from dealextreme). The battery lasts ages on my XXS. T4's battery life is also rather good (Still haven't drained the battery yet, so no firm figure).

Send Jan an email to order a headsix. There's a thread dedicated to this amp as well.

I have no idea if you can DIY, but another suggestion I'm going to throw in is the mini3. Fantastic sounding amplifier, and you can DIY one for less than the cost of the T4/headsix. Plenty of help online if you run into trouble, and there are full kits out there as well.

What headphone/IEM are you planning on using the amp with? 50ohm doesn't really tell too much....

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #10 of 11
If my ER4 impressions are still accurate, then XXS would probably be a nicer fit.

D2 Boa is a bit colored sounding and "bold", which leads me to believe the XXS would fit nicer since its a a bit more neutral in presentation whilst being just a tad warm (I always found the ER4 a bit cold).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back