iBasso T4 modifications?
Oct 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WoahReQQuiem

Not permitted to do trades.
I feel like doing a mod to my iBasso T4, but I don't really know if it's safe to do it, so I came here to ask questions.

I wanted to replace the capacitors to a higher uF capacitor (ex. 100 uF -> 150 uF), and the batteries with a higher voltage (5v? 6v?)

My questions are: 
1. What does the increased "uF" do?
2. Is it safe to use a battery with a higher voltage?

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 6
Also interested, I own a T4 and want to look into replacing the charging socket.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #3 of 6

I find it amusing that we have a weird reaction on both of our profile pictures. :p
Quote:
Also interested, I own a T4 and want to look into replacing the charging socket.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 6
 Ooh, I have a weird face too :D

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I wanted to replace the capacitors to a higher uF capacitor (ex. 100 uF -> 150 uF), and the batteries with a higher voltage (5v? 6v?)

My questions are: 
1. What does the increased "uF" do?
2. Is it safe to use a battery with a higher voltage?

1. Not to be rude, but why do you want to swap the capacitors, if you are not even sure what that will do? 

2. my initial thought is, no, it's ok to increase the capacity of the battery (for longer life), but the output voltage needs to remain the same.  You *might* be able to increase the voltage, but it depends... I think somewhere in the circuit, you'll need to compensate for the extra current, or make sure that all existing components can run fine at the new voltage. I don't have a detailed schematic (nor am I sure I could adequately read it to say for sure).

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

1. Not to be rude, but why do you want to swap the capacitors, if you are not even sure what that will do? 

2. my initial thought is, no, it's ok to increase the capacity of the battery (for longer life), but the output voltage needs to remain the same.  You *might* be able to increase the voltage, but it depends... I think somewhere in the circuit, you'll need to compensate for the extra current, or make sure that all existing components can run fine at the new voltage. I don't have a detailed schematic (nor am I sure I could adequately read it to say for sure).

1. I have read that capacitors can change the sound by a little, and I was kinda curious about it..

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back